Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pull ups bar broke... ha

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Heavyweight

Heavyweight

Pull ups bar broke... ha Empty
PostSubject: Pull ups bar broke... ha   Pull ups bar broke... ha EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 7:56 pm

I was doing pull ups on my Golds Gym pull up bar (You know, the ones you put on the door) and While I was reppin out... The thing broke and I feel on my arse and the bar hit me right in the nose, giving me a bloody nose. Mad I didn't think the bar would break I am only 10 lbs over its weight limit. I weigh 260. (i have a friend that uses one and he weighs 290 and it doesnt bother it, but i use mine way more than him)

Anybody else have this problem with a portable pull up bar?

Oh well, Now I can just go to the playground and do pull ups on the monkey bars. lol Way safer. ha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fed X

Fed X

PostSubject: Re: Pull ups bar broke... ha   Pull ups bar broke... ha EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:18 pm

Id NEVER buy one of those peices of crap!!! Id just use alt bars or a home made bar. I dont even like Power Toweres any more. Only thing on there that I would prob uses is the Dip Station... Maybe if I found a NICE Tower then MAYBE... The Rogue P-4 Pullup Bar looks very nice
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heavyweight

Heavyweight

PostSubject: Re: Pull ups bar broke... ha   Pull ups bar broke... ha EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:37 pm

MIC-kommando! wrote:
Id NEVER buy one of those peices of crap!!! Id just use alt bars or a home made bar. I dont even like Power Toweres any more. Only thing on there that I would prob uses is the Dip Station... Maybe if I found a NICE Tower then MAYBE... The Rogue P-4 Pullup Bar looks very nice

lol

I got it for free. But I knew I wouldnt be able to use it much longer. You can't do any explosive work on. You can't do any muscle ups. Its basicly for basics and I'm not basic anymore. if that makes sense... ha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fed X

Fed X

PostSubject: Re: Pull ups bar broke... ha   Pull ups bar broke... ha EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 7:38 pm

yeah... cant do anything advanced with them... wow you actually bloodied your nose?!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heavyweight

Heavyweight

PostSubject: Re: Pull ups bar broke... ha   Pull ups bar broke... ha EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 8:53 pm

MIC-kommando! wrote:
yeah... cant do anything advanced with them... wow you actually bloodied your nose?!?

Yeah, the piece I was holding onto came down with the force of my bodyweight. It hit me in my nose. ha It didn't break it though. Its fine now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pull ups bar broke... ha   Pull ups bar broke... ha Empty

Back to top Go down

Pull ups bar broke... ha
Page 1 of 1