Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fingertip pushups - extensor strengthening?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dacicsak

dacicsak

Fingertip pushups - extensor strengthening? Empty
PostSubject: Fingertip pushups - extensor strengthening?   Fingertip pushups - extensor strengthening? EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 3:04 pm

Paul Wade suggest to do fingertip pushups to strengthen the extensors in the lower arm. But when i do fingertip pushups with shoulder width apart, i dont feel it my extensors...rather than in my forearms!

I dont want to be rude on the book. I just need help to find out how the fingertip pushup works the extensors of the lower arm.

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
NastyStrength

PostSubject: Re: Fingertip pushups - extensor strengthening?   Fingertip pushups - extensor strengthening? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 2:14 am

hmm this is abit off topic but ; what does an extensor in the lower arms means or refers to?
Back to top Go down
dacicsak

dacicsak

PostSubject: Re: Fingertip pushups - extensor strengthening?   Fingertip pushups - extensor strengthening? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 6:16 am

NastyStrength wrote:
hmm this is abit off topic but ; what does an extensor in the lower arms means or refers to?

Extensors can be found on your upper forearms. Their function is to open your fingers. The flexors's work is to close the fingers ( well, the gripping).

I dont know how the fingertip pushups work your extensors.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Scotaidh

Scotaidh

PostSubject: Re: Fingertip pushups - extensor strengthening?   Fingertip pushups - extensor strengthening? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:41 pm

Fingertip variations of pushing movements work the extensors in an isometric manner. They also help improve the mobility of the flexors. The forearm can become strained and overdeveloped from a lack of balanced training just the same as the shoulder, hips, lower legs. Basically muscle groups that are utilized in both push and pull movements should be trained in a balanced manner.

If you are not feeling your extensors being worked. You are probably not putting enough force upon them. Put your hands inside of shoulder width. If that doesnt challenge them, raise the intensity... You probably have fairly strong extensors. They counterbalance the flexors of course and you do utilize them even if you dont notice it... Also purchase some rubber bands to do isolated extensor training to improve their endurance.
Back to top Go down
NastyStrength

PostSubject: Re: Fingertip pushups - extensor strengthening?   Fingertip pushups - extensor strengthening? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 2:01 am

Back to top Go down
dacicsak

dacicsak

PostSubject: Re: Fingertip pushups - extensor strengthening?   Fingertip pushups - extensor strengthening? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 7:55 am

Guys thanks for the help!! i got it! i have to do it with shoulder width and more extended fingers Wink

i will try out those hand gripers, just have to buy some
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fingertip pushups - extensor strengthening?   Fingertip pushups - extensor strengthening? Empty

Back to top Go down

Fingertip pushups - extensor strengthening?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bar-barians :: Welcome to the Bar-barians Forum :: General Discussions-
Jump to: