HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

oap question

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zeromni

Zeromni

oap question Empty
PostSubject: oap question   oap question EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:05 pm

whats the difficulty differance of a oac to a oap?

did the video today i think i pulled my neck lol but i can do a few oac.my right is stronger but not today lol.

Last edited by Enigma on Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MarineMotivatedMe

MarineMotivatedMe

oap question Empty
PostSubject: Re: oap question   oap question EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:20 pm

oac involes much more bicep than the oap. where the oap invilves alot more lat activation. i can do a oac but have yet to be able to do a oap
Back to top Go down
Zeromni

Zeromni

oap question Empty
PostSubject: Re: oap question   oap question EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 9:22 pm

MarineMotivatedMe wrote:
oac involes much more bicep than the oap. where the oap invilves alot more lat activation. i can do a oac but have yet to be able to do a oap
so you think they are equal or it just depends?
Back to top Go down
mistakenshyness

oap question Empty
PostSubject: Re: oap question   oap question EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 11:37 pm

I think most people tend to find pronated grips harder than supinated grips for the one arm chin up. This tends to be true starting right from the beginning of training. I could do several supinated grip chins before I got my first pronated grip. I think it's to do with the fact that we find the underhand grip a more natural movement and easier to visualise (and biceps are an easier muscle to activate) than overhand.
Back to top Go down
Zeromni

Zeromni

oap question Empty
PostSubject: Re: oap question   oap question EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 12:46 am

mistakenshyness wrote:
I think most people tend to find pronated grips harder than supinated grips for the one arm chin up. This tends to be true starting right from the beginning of training. I could do several supinated grip chins before I got my first pronated grip. I think it's to do with the fact that we find the underhand grip a more natural movement and easier to visualise (and biceps are an easier muscle to activate) than overhand.
guess your right.also i was wondering does a pullup train a chin up or should i train in both?like the pull up carrys over to a chinup and such.also im taking a week off i need it.when i come back ill be going harder then ever.doing so much at once has its tolls.
Back to top Go down
Tim

Tim

oap question Empty
PostSubject: Re: oap question   oap question EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 4:59 am

They'll both train each other as they utilize the same muscle groups. However the two exercises put a bias on different muscles so training just chin-ups will mean your lats will tire first on pull-ups.

Having said that, using different grips (wide/narrow) can help negate that as a narrow grip pull-up uses considerably more bicep than a regular pull-up (and less back) and a wide grip chin-up is going to use more lats than a normal shoulder width chin-up (it's also much more awkward xD)
Back to top Go down
DNL

DNL

oap question Empty
PostSubject: Re: oap question   oap question EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:51 am

I am only able to do a OAP. When I try to do the OAC, I can't even pull a little bit. I think the reason for this is, because I never ever did chin ups and thats why my lats are far stronger then the biceps.
Back to top Go down
Johnny 5

Johnny 5

oap question Empty
PostSubject: Re: oap question   oap question EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 10:24 am

Like a Marine friend told me once, They're both called "pull ups"! Your chin doesn't help do anything whatsoever in a chin up. lol

supinated, pronated and parallel (neutral) grip pullups.

Typically, supinated pull ups are easier than pronated pull ups. Of course there is always exceptions to every "rule".

Like everything else. The movement is a "skill" The more you practice the movement, the subtle nuances become refined and easier to complete. The more you practice the more comfortable and efficient it becomes.

Best of Strength to you! Rest is underrated

Back to top Go down
Zeromni

Zeromni

oap question Empty
PostSubject: Re: oap question   oap question EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 1:50 pm

thanx for the info i think i got a new practice routine im going to try out next week for one arms.i dont rest that often at all for long periods i think i need it before i start new training.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

oap question Empty
PostSubject: Re: oap question   oap question Empty

Back to top Go down

oap question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bar-barians :: Welcome to the Bar-barians Forum :: General Discussions-
Jump to: