Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First attempt at (untimed) requirements

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Duf

Duf

First attempt at (untimed) requirements Empty
PostSubject: First attempt at (untimed) requirements   First attempt at (untimed) requirements EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 2:09 pm

Well that was tough. I completed all of the reps for the bar-barian requirements. I came nowhere close to meeting the time limit of 6 minutes. My last muscle up was completed somewhere between the 22 and 23 minute mark.

My observations from the effort:

The muscle ups consumed well over half of the time. To get 10 total muscle ups required me to make 15-16 attempts. Every successful rep was a one hand over technique, not the ugly type where my forearm goes down, both hands stayed planted on the "bar" The MU's definitely would have gone smoother on my home bar.

My dip sets were split into 30 and then 15

The pull ups went 13-9-3 (the 3 after like a 10 second break) I may have been able to hang on the bar to get all 12 on the 2nd set but I didn't want to totally gas myself.

The push ups were tough. They went 30-15-10 I expected my triceps to be the painful part from all of the dips but it was my pecs that burned out first which I thought was odd.

The last 5 muscle ups were very difficult as you can imagine but I eventually knocked them out. I never have done 10 muscle ups of any variation in one session, a little feather in the cap.

It was a good starting point and ruler for me to judge my progress by. I will probably alternate between this and my 300's on Fridays.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://duf.net
1stratos1

1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at (untimed) requirements   First attempt at (untimed) requirements EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 2:57 pm

Nice!!! maybe try to do some circus training on muscle ups , dips , pull ups , push ups if u want to work for the requirements.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duf

Duf

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at (untimed) requirements   First attempt at (untimed) requirements EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 4:11 pm

1stratos1 wrote:
Nice!!! maybe try to do some circus training on muscle ups , dips , pull ups , push ups if u want to work for the requirements.

Yep for sure.
Back to top Go down
Tim

Tim

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at (untimed) requirements   First attempt at (untimed) requirements EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 4:27 pm

Great work duff Smile, just gotta shorten the rest now!

And you're right those last 5 muscle-ups are a killer!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RalphaTanYL

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at (untimed) requirements   First attempt at (untimed) requirements EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 3:11 am

Haha! i tried it for the first time and got it around 21 minutes. After that my body were sore for 3 days! God it is tough! But i will keep trying until i get the timing down Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duf

Duf

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at (untimed) requirements   First attempt at (untimed) requirements EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 7:31 am

RalphaTanYL wrote:
Haha! i tried it for the first time and got it around 21 minutes. After that my body were sore for 3 days! God it is tough! But i will keep trying until i get the timing down Smile

Same here Smile

Back to top Go down
Johnny 5

Johnny 5

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at (untimed) requirements   First attempt at (untimed) requirements EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 3:22 am

Just do it

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duf

Duf

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at (untimed) requirements   First attempt at (untimed) requirements EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 9:04 pm

Knocked about 5 minutes off

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at (untimed) requirements   First attempt at (untimed) requirements Empty

Back to top Go down

First attempt at (untimed) requirements
Page 1 of 1