Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2K12 Goals???

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fi

Fi

2K12 Goals??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2K12 Goals???   2K12 Goals??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:10 am

Fi wrote:

- Run 5k in 20 minutes (probably about 23.5 now)
- 1 x MU (not even thought about attempting)
- Handstand (free) for 10 secs (about 2 secs now, but still next to wall)
- 1 x HSPU (against wall) (doing negatives, still crashing head down last two inches!)
- tuck planche for 3 secs (no idea where to even start - can do frog stand, but can't lift legs off arms!)

I have no idea how feasible these are, especially the tuck planche, but I'm gonna try my best Smile

It's coming to mid-November, and 6 weeks is a block of time I usually use to achieve stuff in my workouts, and with that long till the end of the year I thought I'd drag this thread up so those who posted can review their progress.

- I had to drop the 5k/20 minutes training - it was actually making me ill to hit that level of cardio and all the strength training. Just been sticking to either interval training or slow and steady 6.5km runs.
- Done. Still need to nail it on a bar instead of the squat rack, but hoping that should be ok by the end of the year.
- Recently re-started these after not doing them when I was training outside. Might be able to get one by end of December, although still pretty weak at the lowest position.
- Can hold a tuck planche position for 30s on the p-bars, but that's with my feet below the bars so not really true tuck. So hard this that it's blatantly gonna be moved back a bit!

How is everyone else doing?

View user profile http://www.bar-barella.com
Sosna

Sosna

PostSubject: Re: 2K12 Goals???   2K12 Goals??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 3:44 am

Sosna wrote:
Similar to you Sai i'm relatively new and expecting 2012 to be a big year for calisthenics improvement. In 2011 I had a starting weight of 160lbs and managed to get up to 176 with the same Bodyfat % or possibly even less. The weight gain was due to a combination of weight training and calisthenics, however now I am leaning much more towards calisthenics.

Goals

1. Bar-Barian 2010 Requirements done within 6 mins(Can do the 2009 Reqs in under 6 mins)
2. 20 Muscle ups (Currently 10)
3. 5 Freestanding Handstand Pushups (Currently 10 wall Hspu and around 10s freestanding hold)
4. 1 arm Pull-up/Chin-up (Currently barely managing a negative)
5. 30+ pull-ups (Currently 25)
6. Work towards a full planche hold(Tuck planche at the moment)
7. 5-10 second Back and front Levers(currently 2-3 sec)
8. Reach a lean 185lbs (Currently 176lbs)
9. 1 Bodyweight weighted Pullup(Currently 52.5kg 1 rep)
10. Pistol squats +10kg(Currently 7 full pistols)

Wow seems like a LOT but a few of them come hand in hand I suppose.

Good luck to everyone with their 2012 Goals

1. Bar-Barian 2010 Requirements done within 6 mins(Best attempt so far was 6 mins 40 secs) - Close.
2. 20 Muscle ups (Kipped I can do 20, about 12+ strict though) - Done!
3. 5 Freestanding Handstand Pushups (was able to do 2 reps about 6 months ago, kinda stopped training it) - 2/5
4. 1 arm Pull-up/Chin-up (Managed it with both arms starting just off deadhang) - Kinda done(want them from deadhang though)
5. 30+ pull-ups (Currently 38)- Smashed It
6. Work towards a full planche hold(Really been slacking on planche training, I will get back on it soon.) - Not even Close.
7. 5-10 second Back and front Levers(currently 5+ Front Lever and 10+ sec Back lever) - Done I suppose
8. Reach a lean 185lbs ( still 175lbs but more ripped) - Lost Fat, still want to gain another 10lbs or so
9. 1 Bodyweight weighted Pullup(not sure of max but I can do 50kg for 4 reps) - Not quite yet, Probably about 10-15kg away
10. Pistol squats +10kg(Currently 12 full pistols) - Not far off.

All 10 were achievable goals for this year however due to inconsistent training I have not reached all of them. For the new year I will strive to bring back my consistency and take things to a whole new level.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

Fi

PostSubject: Re: 2K12 Goals???   2K12 Goals??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 7:21 am

Nice progress man! If my goals list's taught me anything it's that you can't have everything! So hard to find the time to make gains in all the areas.

View user profile http://www.bar-barella.com
Sai

Sai

PostSubject: Re: 2K12 Goals???   2K12 Goals??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 10:00 am

Great progression guys! i totally forgot about my goals.. but let me review these now Very Happy

Im pretty new so didnt get to write any 2k11 goals, il try be as realistic as possible with my goals..

by Dec 2012 my goals are:

1. Be able to do a handstand push up on the pull up bar and hold for a couple seconds- currently can hold hand stand for 10-12 secs -Neglected this move, although my hs has improved still no success yet, but the year is not over!

2. Get to 40 clean pull ups consecutively- currently 33 Have not done max pullup attempt for 2 months, but when i last tried i got 39

3. Be able to do 5 clean looking front lever pull ups- currently hold a 12 sec front levermade this goal + a bit more

4. Pull of a "Half and Half" (oac to one arm dip)- can do oac made this goal on both arms

5. Hold the planche for 5 seconds[/quote]complete!

Year is still not over and im sure i can finish this list before then, and same as everyone else and there goals! we still have a whole 6 weeks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckman

Buckman

PostSubject: Re: 2K12 Goals???   2K12 Goals??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:41 am

10 Deadhang Wide Pull Ups, i am at 9 now but i want them strict Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sai

Sai

PostSubject: Re: 2K12 Goals???   2K12 Goals??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 12:52 pm

Buckman wrote:
you got it man!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
csaba

csaba

PostSubject: Re: 2K12 Goals???   2K12 Goals??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:33 pm

One of my goals for 2012 is a full BL with good form for 5 sec. I started training consistently in March starting from just a crappy tuck and am now very close to achieving this. Going to get it before the end of the year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckman

Buckman

PostSubject: Re: 2K12 Goals???   2K12 Goals??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 1:34 pm

Buckman wrote:

accomplished.. next 2k12 goal is 45 push ups.. lets see how far i get i am at 32-35 max, form getting better
Back to top Go down
View user profile
csaba

csaba

PostSubject: Re: 2K12 Goals???   2K12 Goals??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 1:54 pm

csaba wrote:
One of my goals for 2012 is a full BL with good form for 5 sec. I started training consistently in March starting from just a crappy tuck and am now very close to achieving this. Going to get it before the end of the year!

accomplished! form is not absolutely perfect but i'll work on that.

next is to see if i can pull off a OAC before year end. i think i'm pretty close.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
csaba

csaba

PostSubject: Re: 2K12 Goals???   2K12 Goals??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 11:20 pm

csaba wrote:
next is to see if i can pull off a OAC before year end. i think i'm pretty close.

got this one too! and just in time; today was my last chance before going on vacation!

how are you guys doing with your 2k12 goals?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elite-Bars

Elite-Bars

PostSubject: Re: 2K12 Goals???   2K12 Goals??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 12:16 pm

I know the year is over but anyway... I managed to achieve 50 pushups in a row, which I had never done. All thanks to the weighted training. I admit, I actually did 48, but 2 minutes earlier I had tried also, my Max out on Pullups which I had never tried, (13). If I had started fresh I'd have certainly had another 2 Wink

Well seriously, I Honestly have just one Wish and Goal:

Not Giving Up on Training, getting through the hard times and results Smile

And also, buy another couple of ankle weights so I start training at 30% Soon Very Happy

pista1993

pista1993

PostSubject: Re: 2K12 Goals???   2K12 Goals??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 7:14 pm

Hi!

My primary goals were the back lever, and 5 ''slow'' controlled bar muscle ups, with a pause at the bottom. And I made it Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2owhQYAoTE

And a bonus goal is a Freestanding HSPU. I'm Only capable of doing one at a time, but I'm still really happy with it. It's something I can work with Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckman

Buckman

PostSubject: Re: 2K12 Goals???   2K12 Goals??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 10:22 am

Buckman wrote:

next 2k12 goal is 45 push ups.. lets see how far i get i am at 32-35 max, form getting better

accomplished Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: 2K12 Goals???   2K12 Goals??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 7:12 pm

1stratos1 wrote:
Well 2K11 passed and i think its time to open a topic for our new goals for this year so we can look back in one year from now and see how much we progressed.

My goals:
Get and hold back lever for 5-10 secs
Get front lever
Get better at planche or even get a planche on pu handles!!!
Be able to do 2-3 pull ups/chin ups with 50kg on me and maybe a OAC
Complete BBR in less than 8 mins

These are my long term goals. OFC i have more short term goals but if i write all my goals here there will be no space for u to write ur goals Razz

ps: Thnx ironloo for starting the topic 2K11 goals, it helped me see how much i progressed.

To tell u the true i achieved only the back lever which i think i was able to hold it for something like 5 secs but not sure if i can do it right now. Well i cant say it wasnt a producing year as i was participating in Wing Chun classes for something like 5 months and also some MMA classes for soemthing like 2 months. The thing is all this training absorved my energy plus i wasnt so serious with my training plus many injuries (still my shoulder is not ok, thumb is better and can workout but its not fully ok, and also a tendon or whatever from hamstring near knee holded me back on some things).

BUT im thinking to start slowly again, slowly but more persistance. If everything goes well i ll make a log hoping to update it at least weekly Smile . Nevertheless i ll make new goals when i ll start trianing more seriously and see what i want to achieve.

Finally, HAPPY NEW YEAR , I hope u achieved your goals and to achieve ur goals every year in both your training and your life!!! Smile Smile Smile

ps: Thnx to ironloo for the routines, cause of my mindset these days i ll thing i ll change it from maxing sets to something like fixed sets/destiny training. It easier this way to push if u are not much into it Razz Razz Razz

Goals: Be able to do bar-barians requirements in less than 10 mins, 10 good form one hand push ups, 15 pistols, Be able to do one hand holds on bar and controlled negatives, 1 min hanging l-sit, backlever hold for 5+ secs, advanced tucked FL for 5+ secs, advanced tucked planche for 8+secs etc etc

Long Goal (till summer): My 1st OAC,good BL hold, FL hold, bent arm planche, free handstand push ups, l-sit to handstand on handles, v-sit hold on floor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2K12 Goals???   2K12 Goals??? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

2K12 Goals???
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2