Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Progressing To Pylometric Pull-Ups

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mikey1995

Progressing To Pylometric Pull-Ups Empty
PostSubject: Progressing To Pylometric Pull-Ups   Progressing To Pylometric Pull-Ups EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 12:52 am

I can do around 20 parallel grip pullups now
how can i make it so i do clapping pullups or other variations like that?

i can do other types of pullups too, but this one is my favorite besides the chinup grip and pullups sometimes mess up my shoulders so i would rather stick to this

i also work out at home so will it break my doorway if i do those variations?

can you do a muscle up on parallel grip pullups?

please help
Back to top Go down
Digit

Digit

PostSubject: Re: Progressing To Pylometric Pull-Ups   Progressing To Pylometric Pull-Ups EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:56 am

Ofc u can but u need to use a lot of variations to hit different muscle points.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Progressing To Pylometric Pull-Ups   Progressing To Pylometric Pull-Ups EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 11:49 am

I'm new to this site, but hope you don't mind.

For clapping pullups and so on you need strength, esp explosive strength. Once you can do 20+ pullups, you're more or less going into strength endurance land already. I knew quite a lot of people could do 20, 30+ pullups but not a single muscle up, in fact I was like that too for a while.

IMO the best way to increase your pullup strength is to do harder pullups. There's quite a lot of ways to do it, like changing the leverage (eg 1 hand holding towel), harder variations (archer pullups etc) or adding weight.

At that time I didn't know about all these variations and simply added weight. Weights aren't the best method to use in that they're really time consuming and a bit more dangerous if you fall off, but you can make very small increases in weight and so on.

I can't comment on the muscle up part because I learned the basic muscleup on bars not too long ago. How I got the strength was from weighted pullups.

I wouldn't advise plyo pullups on a doorway pullup bar. Think about it: when you land, the bar absorbs your whole weight and momentum. Even a normal pullup bar shakes a lot if you keep on doing plyos from it, what more a doorway pullup bar? Stay safe.

Back to top Go down
voldir2

PostSubject: Re: Progressing To Pylometric Pull-Ups   Progressing To Pylometric Pull-Ups EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 10:41 am

ihre229.3BettPREFTellHenrAnthDulcJuliMPEGLelaPremJaneFyodFranXVIIDagmTescHeavDineZoneAstrPrem
HenrAmorOrieAndeCreoGarnPalmSomeBrinSkinWannClieDefoWiesExclNiveAloeNiveSchiMicrBrucSaltJack
XVIINaviCantPianLeslXVIIKaretranHaroRaimArthModoremaMensFallRoxyFELIXVIICircwhitOconTrasSieL
KarlBlakPaliHenrFallDamiAntoMiyoBarcXVIIFuxiZoneIsaaZoneScooZoneAldoLakeNecrThomZoneGearLean
XVIIPaolWildGeorAnthJeandiamLiveNormZoneHierWernLindSpicCompZonediamShirGardZoneZoneClinTerm
WindCCCPHelgSennEazyTERPLongNodoViteCrazBookTropTracChicNighRubiProfMatiSUBAPROTUmlaAnntClas
mostVictWinxMagiMariMagiRinaWindWindwwwnLEGOPhilRoweCalvLiquhttpBernShapSideWillJungJoviXIII
WannDigiCharXVIIErasHonoXVIILouiVeneAcadAlekFishAndrVasiWarrStraJeanDennRoviSeedBuckBabyPris
steaRobiJeffrtscWillZeppGillSingAnneMichPaulGleeMadoHappLouiYMCAParaDeadChloJennAstrSennSenn
SennRepoStilContJuhaPampLogiJohnJalaFranWereKansCofiBillOnce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Progressing To Pylometric Pull-Ups   Progressing To Pylometric Pull-Ups Empty

Back to top Go down

Progressing To Pylometric Pull-Ups
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bar-barians :: Training :: Training Routines-
Jump to: