Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Dip Station to buy??

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sosna

Sosna

What Dip Station to buy?? Empty
PostSubject: What Dip Station to buy??   What Dip Station to buy?? EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:08 pm

The only thing I need to add to my home gym is a Dip station (i'm sick of using my living room chairs). Just got a new job so the have extra money to spend on my favourite hobby Very Happy

Anyway I'm just really asking to see what people on here have and what they would recommend me getting. I don't need a pull-up bar or leg raise bit or whatever, just the dip part (some of you may have seen my bar set-up that I can do muscle-ups on in my flat).

I would also want it to hold quite a bit of weight because I do weighted dips occasionally at the gym with 40-50kg. I weigh roughly 80kg atm so 150kg should probably be enough for a bit of progression.

Even though I do have a bit of extra money i still don't want to break the bank haha Wink

I was thinking this one but I'm not sure.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gorilla-Sports-Dip-Station-/270920828817?pt=UK_Strength_Training&hash=item3f1423c791#ht_513wt_905

Cheers

Sosna
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sclarkson1

sclarkson1

PostSubject: Re: What Dip Station to buy??   What Dip Station to buy?? EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 12:01 am

That one looks good, but I will relate my plans. I too have been using chairs, and the thing I like about them is that you can adjust the width and get an even better workout. With the one you show, I can't tell weather it is adjustable or not. I enjoy building things, so my plan was to build myself a set of dipping bars. Here is my plan, and it is cheap but sturdy.

Buy a couple of fence posts(ya know those thick 4x4 posts) and cut them to the hight you want. You want four of these. Drill a hole at the same height in each post and insert a dowel or metal rod and attach it accordingly. There you go, two dipping bars. If you wanted, you could build a base for each post to make it a bit more stable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holden

PostSubject: Re: What Dip Station to buy??   What Dip Station to buy?? EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:01 am

I saw vids of this and it's pretty good but expensive, IMO. But is simply and folding. http://www.ultimatebodypress.com/

I saw an already 205 lb guy doing planche and dips with this but I didn't found the vid.

This is cheapest Smile

But I have to tell you that I have none of them. I'm looking for one for this summer because in the beach I've not found any parks...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tomz

PostSubject: Re: What Dip Station to buy??   What Dip Station to buy?? EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 11:00 am

i've also been thinking about the ultimate body press dip bars - they say it can support 350lbs... and the reviews are mostly good. would be interested to here if anyone here has one?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
szorn

PostSubject: Re: What Dip Station to buy??   What Dip Station to buy?? EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 3:11 am

I have the Lebert Equalizer as well as The Rack. Both work well and are fairly sturdy. I originally bought the Lebert Equalizer but found that it's not quite tall enough to allow me to use my standard weight belt without the weights touching the ground during dips. Later I got The Rack and it's a bit taller and works well.

The Lebert Equalizer is a little more stable but not as portable. I believe the weight limit is 400 lbs. The Rack is more portable (it folds) but not quite as stable. The light-weight unit only hold up to 250 lbs. Both cost the same-$99.

Steve
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fed X

Fed X

PostSubject: Re: What Dip Station to buy??   What Dip Station to buy?? EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 6:39 pm

What Dip Station to buy?? 31kV1vEscxL._SS400_

man I cant stand Power Towers... They totally suck man... only good use are push up handles and the dip bars... And usually if you dont have a vest and use a belt instead then the dips are gonna be a pain... Weighted Pull Ups and theyre ready to flip over... get a seperate station... youd be better off with seperate stations... IDK what shipping is but the Sale Price is awesome

http://www.amazon.com/Stand-Angled-Dipping-Station-Machine/dp/B003V0ZN2G
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sosna

Sosna

PostSubject: Re: What Dip Station to buy??   What Dip Station to buy?? EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 11:20 am

Ice Berg Slim wrote:
What Dip Station to buy?? 31kV1vEscxL._SS400_

man I cant stand Power Towers... They totally suck man... only good use are push up handles and the dip bars... And usually if you dont have a vest and use a belt instead then the dips are gonna be a pain... Weighted Pull Ups and theyre ready to flip over... get a seperate station... youd be better off with seperate stations... IDK what shipping is but the Sale Price is awesome

http://www.amazon.com/Stand-Angled-Dipping-Station-Machine/dp/B003V0ZN2G

yeah cheers ice berg slim thats more or less what i was thinking of. Its good how the bars a slightly angled as well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holden

PostSubject: Re: What Dip Station to buy??   What Dip Station to buy?? EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 2:23 pm

I'm thinking on buying one like this, not joking. Cheap (2º hand), durable, and some of them adjustable and folding...

Maybe is not what are you looking for, but I think it could be useful for someone else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sosna

Sosna

PostSubject: Re: What Dip Station to buy??   What Dip Station to buy?? EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 4:00 pm

Holden wrote:
I'm thinking on buying one like this, not joking. Cheap (2º hand), durable, and some of them adjustable and folding...

Maybe is not what are you looking for, but I think it could be useful for someone else.

Yeah I was thinking of getting a walker for a while but to be honest I want something that is good quality and will last me for a good few years Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fed X

Fed X

PostSubject: Re: What Dip Station to buy??   What Dip Station to buy?? EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 2:03 pm

I tested a stamina 1700 power tower the other day and it is pretty awesome... Only real problem is that the push up handles aren't very deep... Other than that it is very very solid and sturdy.... Dip bars are very solid... Makes my 1690 stamina tower seem almost worthless... However I still prefer separate stations... I'm considering angled dip bars and.a freestanding pull up bar... Something high with fairly slim bars
Back to top Go down
View user profile
freerunner

freerunner

PostSubject: Re: What Dip Station to buy??   What Dip Station to buy?? EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 9:05 pm

Here's a link to a homemade one. (Homemade stuff is cooler. Or so my wallet tells me.)

http://iwonbigbro-training.blogspot.com/2010/04/home-made-equipment-dip-station.html

I haven't actually made it (can't do dips. Shoulder problems. ), but it looks like a good design.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fed X

Fed X

PostSubject: Re: What Dip Station to buy??   What Dip Station to buy?? EmptySat May 05, 2012 1:03 am

I saw a $200 body solid angled dip station on craigslist for $100... the guy never responded so he mustve sold it.. the angled dip bar is def the way to go
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

ironloo

PostSubject: Re: What Dip Station to buy??   What Dip Station to buy?? EmptySun May 06, 2012 9:57 am

I have this one, 500lbs. weight capacity i never had any problems with it

http://newyorkbarbells.com/8120.html

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Dip Station to buy??   What Dip Station to buy?? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Dip Station to buy??
Page 1 of 1