Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

should i skip cardio?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kimchester

should i skip cardio? Empty
PostSubject: should i skip cardio?   should i skip cardio? EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 9:05 pm

iam a beginner and i want to focus more on strengthening my calisthenics
i'am also very skinny and i want to gain some weight too through calisthenics is it ok to skip cardio? or should i still do both?
Back to top Go down
sclarkson1

sclarkson1

PostSubject: Re: should i skip cardio?   should i skip cardio? EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 11:38 pm

I would say only do certain types of cardio-namely hiit type training. This is short bursts of intense exercise, and it has been known to actually build some muscle as well. Hill sprints are one of my favorites, as they not only thourouly destroy the legs, but they shred fat and build your cardio FAST. As far as building muscle, do higher volume training combined with strength training, and do the hiit a couple times a week at most(if you know how to do it right, a couple times is all you need) and eat more, especilly protien. Hope this helps! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kimchester

PostSubject: Re: should i skip cardio?   should i skip cardio? EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 12:56 am

sclarkson1 wrote:
I would say only do certain types of cardio-namely hiit type training. This is short bursts of intense exercise, and it has been known to actually build some muscle as well. Hill sprints are one of my favorites, as they not only thourouly destroy the legs, but they shred fat and build your cardio FAST. As far as building muscle, do higher volume training combined with strength training, and do the hiit a couple times a week at most(if you know how to do it right, a couple times is all you need) and eat more, especilly protien. Hope this helps! Very Happy

for 3months i been doing 3x/week bodyweight exercise and 3x/week cardio in terms of strength and stamina i really gain a lot but in physical features my body doesn't build well thats why i wanna try skipping cardio for a month and see if i will gain some weight
Back to top Go down
Fed X

Fed X

PostSubject: Re: should i skip cardio?   should i skip cardio? EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 3:37 pm

Im thinking of doing upper body Pull Ups/Chin Ups/Push Ups/Dips etc MWF... And Millitary Press/Squats/Pistols/cardio maybe Su-Tu-Thu
Back to top Go down
ironloo

ironloo

PostSubject: Re: should i skip cardio?   should i skip cardio? EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 7:06 am

Yea man in your case i would skip the cardio. There was a time i couldn't do cardio because my broken foot was acting up so around 6months no running. So i actually increased my cardio by doing brutal circuits,high rep squats with the vest, do these right your cardio will increase you should do 1 circuit per week,train your legs hard deadlifts/squats,focus on compounds only. If you really want to run i would keep it limited to 1per week of either 10sets of sprints/hiit or steps/hill sprints.

Back to top Go down
kimchester

PostSubject: Re: should i skip cardio?   should i skip cardio? EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 11:01 am

for a week i dont do cardio and i dont feel very satisfied maybe i should at least do 45min of cardio/week doing it with burpees i feel very dizzy when doing this but after the workout feels great
Back to top Go down
Fed X

Fed X

PostSubject: Re: should i skip cardio?   should i skip cardio? EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 3:51 pm

I was actually considering a split like this

M-Tu Upper/Lower Body

Wed rest

Thu-Fri Upper/Lower Body

and then working in Some type HIT Sprints/Hill Sprints... But I actually enjoy doing upper body 3 days per week... So maybe Ill just keep gouing MWF and just add lower body on Mo and Fri... maybe cardio sprints on Wed and Sat... I really just need to switch variables... Like Mondays calisthenics will be strength/heavy weight... and then WED and Fri will focus on Endurance/Muscle/High Volume etc
Back to top Go down
kimchester

PostSubject: Re: should i skip cardio?   should i skip cardio? EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 11:32 pm

i've done 1 cardio for this week i do HIIT burpees for 10set i feel like dying yet very satisfying i feel heaven after hell
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: should i skip cardio?   should i skip cardio? Empty

Back to top Go down

should i skip cardio?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bar-barians :: Training :: Training Routines-
Jump to: