Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

my return from recovery.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MarineMotivatedMe

MarineMotivatedMe

my return from recovery. Empty
PostSubject: my return from recovery.   my return from recovery. EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 9:18 pm

Hey all. Been gone for quite a while...again. My shoulder is finally healed up and have been training for almost 2 months. In the 5 months i was forced to take off from traininig, i lost a ton of strength. no more human flags, pull ups, muscle ups, or even push ups. im happy to say that after two months of training after recovery im coming back with my strength game hard, but safe. im now up to 50 push ups, maybe 15 pull ups(havent tested) and i can do explosive and close grip muscle ups with relative ease. needless to say im fully motivated once again to train super hard. be expecting some videos in the near future. Its good to be back.
Back to top Go down
Razorburne

PostSubject: Re: my return from recovery.   my return from recovery. EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 11:49 pm

I look forward to seeing some videos.

Congratulations on your recovery thus far - wishing you continued success!
Back to top Go down
MarineMotivatedMe

MarineMotivatedMe

PostSubject: Re: my return from recovery.   my return from recovery. EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 11:00 am

thanks man. ill be sure to get in on this months challenge for sure.
Back to top Go down
Zeromni

Zeromni

PostSubject: Re: my return from recovery.   my return from recovery. EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 12:57 pm

i feel your pain man. my shoulder has been busted for over 2 months now and its slowly getting better but i feel it will take longer and summers coming up.
Back to top Go down
Johnny 5

Johnny 5

PostSubject: Re: my return from recovery.   my return from recovery. EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 1:01 pm

Hey good to hear! I'm glad you're back on track. It sucks being injured.

Could you remind everyone on your injury and what happened?

Back to top Go down
Mdrop

Mdrop

PostSubject: Re: my return from recovery.   my return from recovery. EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:01 pm

glad ur back bro! I totally feel ur pain, so far ive been out since december and have lost 15 lb with an injury. Keep getting those gains man, itll come back and ull be a beast again!
Back to top Go down
MarineMotivatedMe

MarineMotivatedMe

PostSubject: Re: my return from recovery.   my return from recovery. EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 12:53 am

I was in the middle of making a human flag tutorial...ironically...it was a movement i had done time and time again. i became too comfortable with the movement. that along with hardly any rest during the shoot. my shoulder relaxed for just a second, but that was all it needed. POP! my shoulder disclocated and went back in. ended up tearing the anterior labrum ligaments. surgery was needed. was kept in a sling for 3 months and had therapy for a long time. only almost two months ago have i been able to train again, and i cherish every second.
Back to top Go down
ironloo

ironloo

PostSubject: Re: my return from recovery.   my return from recovery. EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 6:42 am

Wow now i remember you saying that before, being back must be the greatest feeling i only been out once a few months and that was hell mentally i could only imagine how hard that was. Wish you a smooth transition back to full strength this time you will be stronger!Goodluck be safe.
Back to top Go down
Trace

PostSubject: Re: my return from recovery.   my return from recovery. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 5:55 pm

Congratulations mate, I can imagine how you feel! I haven't been working out since late October due to a constantly pain-in-the-a$$-style tendonitis which kept me off the bars, my strength is totally gone. But motivation is as high as ever, can't wait to get my hands back on the bar.
Keep on going and get back to your old level of strength!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my return from recovery.   my return from recovery. Empty

Back to top Go down

my return from recovery.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bar-barians :: Welcome to the Bar-barians Forum :: General Discussions-
Jump to: