Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alright so I need some help.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
OddBall

Alright so I need some help. Empty
PostSubject: Alright so I need some help.   Alright so I need some help. EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 4:45 pm

Yesterday I did 20 chinups, 35 pullups, 20 dips, 20 pushups, and 20 reverse pushups (where you hang from the dip bar with your feet on a bench and pull up.) Now, that's all in good form and etc. I just started doing calisthenics a week ago after taking a 2 month break from the gym, and I feel it's a good start. However I need to know what other, more advanced, exercises I should be working toward.

Muscle ups are no prob, i'm working on doing high pullups and straight bar dips to get ready.

Frog stands are very hard and I cannot do them.

Planche I will work on but I cannot do it completely. I can hold myself up with my legs tucked under my stomach/chest, but I can't extend them yet.

I need more exercises though, the good ones I should me working towards. I wanna be able to mix it up a lot, say do that I stated above monday, legs and abs tuesday, rest wednesday, maybe do frog stands and planche thursday, legs and abs friday, etc.

All ideas would be amazing, thanks! I don't need routines, just the exercises that are worth doing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sclarkson1

sclarkson1

PostSubject: Re: Alright so I need some help.   Alright so I need some help. EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 6:55 pm

Personally, I believe you can never do enough pullups and handstand pushups. Aside from that though, levers, the many variations of pullups, variations of dips, frogstands, elbowlevers, and plyometric stuff all hit the upperbody hard. For lowerbody, your best bet IMHO, is to use isometrics and plyometrics + a little work from cardio and some other bw squats if you feel the need. For me, I do isometrics, plyometrics, and hiit, and my legs are strong and getting stronger. I can do well over 75 bw squats(this was a few weeks ago), and as far as max strength is concerned, a couple months ago I went to the gym and maxed the leg press machine. The machine goes up to 500lbs, and I have never seen anyone actually do this weight, but I smashed 15 reps after fatigue! This means I should be able to do somewhere around 1000lbs for the 1rm(according to calculator). Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OddBall

PostSubject: Re: Alright so I need some help.   Alright so I need some help. EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 3:39 pm

I'll have to try out bodyweight squats. I've been having great resuts from walking and jogging up a very, very steep hill over and over for legs, but the more exercises I have to do the better I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sclarkson1

sclarkson1

PostSubject: Re: Alright so I need some help.   Alright so I need some help. EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:24 pm

Ya, but personally, I find that you need to choose only certain squats, the ones that give you the most bang for your buck. I am almost biased towards hindu squats, plus pistols or other one leg squats are also great. But normal, strait up squats get boring fast. Hindu squats give almost a rythem, and the entire motion builds much explosive power and endurance. Plus, with the deep breathing your cardio gets hit too. Regular squats just don't compare to that as far as I am concerned.

Look them up for more info too. Matt fuery is great about ém.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alright so I need some help.   Alright so I need some help. Empty

Back to top Go down

Alright so I need some help.
Page 1 of 1