Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Does anybody notice/ask about your training at the gym?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sosna

Sosna

Does anybody notice/ask about your training at the gym? Empty
PostSubject: Does anybody notice/ask about your training at the gym?   Does anybody notice/ask about your training at the gym? EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 11:10 pm

Today I was at the gym and as usual with Calisthenics training, people seem quite interested in what I was doing. I noticed a few guys watching me doing my handstand training on push-up bars. After about 10 mins or so 3 of them came up and asked me to teach them some stuff, so I showed them a few things and they managed to get some handstand push-ups.

They then asked me further questions about my bodyweight training and I explained the sort of exercises I do. As soon as I mentioned Muscle-ups they said that they had seen people doing them on youtube, Probably some of the guys on here, and they wanted to learn. So I ended up staying with them for about 15 mins and explaining how to do a muscle-up and one of the guys managed to get his first ever one.

My good deed for the day, I'm happy to help spread the word of calisthenics as I think it's very overlooked.

Was just wondering if anybody has had any similar experiences?

Best of strength to all.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fed X

Fed X

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody notice/ask about your training at the gym?   Does anybody notice/ask about your training at the gym? EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 12:50 am

Most people there are posers... Only thing that I dig at the gym are the power racks, squat racks and the dead lifts and all the weight increments... Also the occasional sexy lady that's in there banging out sets... Pulling up to your waist, muscle ups and hand sttand work in a gym is awesome... Also challenging and being on par with most of the serious lifters knowing that you never even really train in gyms can be exciting too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeromni

Zeromni

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody notice/ask about your training at the gym?   Does anybody notice/ask about your training at the gym? EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 7:40 am

i have simaler experinces were i live people look at my like im crazy or sumthing. all the parks i go to people just do pull ups and chins any gym i go to its all weights. when i start doing muscle ups and hspus and levers people sit their and are like wow. most people dont ask me anything but the people who do i will give them tips or what not. besides my friends and family i havent met one person in my area who can muscle up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody notice/ask about your training at the gym?   Does anybody notice/ask about your training at the gym? EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 8:32 pm

Sosna nice job helping others, spreading the calisthenics knowledge i too helped others in the gym. When i go i am either in the power rack w/ rings super setting dead-lifts, push ups ,pullups or on the treadmill with vest highest speed/incline t.v. off. The ones who ask me about my training i will always try to help. Funny guy at the gym said if he is not a COP why does he have a bullet proof vest, all made clear to him when i dropped it thump he said there must be weight in it lol , aka "50lbs." i am not here to protect myself im here to get stronger!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

Fi

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody notice/ask about your training at the gym?   Does anybody notice/ask about your training at the gym? EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 7:19 pm

Quite a few people use the bars (actually those pull/chin up bars on top of the cable machines, and an assisted dip/pull/chin machine) at my gym - I guess that's partly due to the part of town I'm in. Some of them are good, but many have really bad form (don't lock out).

I don't really give people advice - no-one's ever asked for it, and I'm not going to give it unless they want it (short route to getting abuse if you criticise someones form I reckon!). I definitely get noticed though as I'm one of very few girls who do any serious strength training, and the only one who does pull-ups, dips etc. I have noticed people copying what I do occasionally - HLR's especially. And once I was practicing pistol squats and noticed one of the PT's hiding round the corner trying to do them Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bar-barella.com
Fed X

Fed X

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody notice/ask about your training at the gym?   Does anybody notice/ask about your training at the gym? EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 10:05 pm

ironloo wrote:
Sosna nice job helping others, spreading the calisthenics knowledge i too helped others in the gym. When i go i am either in the power rack w/ rings super setting dead-lifts, push ups ,pullups or on the treadmill with vest highest speed/incline t.v. off. The ones who ask me about my training i will always try to help. Funny guy at the gym said if he is not a COP why does he have a bullet proof vest, all made clear to him when i dropped it thump he said there must be weight in it lol , aka "50lbs." i am not here to protect myself im here to get stronger!!!

I hate it when people say dumb s**t like that about my vest
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody notice/ask about your training at the gym?   Does anybody notice/ask about your training at the gym? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does anybody notice/ask about your training at the gym?
Page 1 of 1