Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Using assisted pull-up machine for OAP

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sosna

Sosna

Using assisted pull-up machine for OAP Empty
PostSubject: Using assisted pull-up machine for OAP   Using assisted pull-up machine for OAP EmptySat May 12, 2012 1:04 am

I was at the gym today and it just suddenly clicked that I could use the assisted pull-up machine to progressively work towards the OAP. It had never occurred to me before and it felt great! Definitely going to use this at least once a week and add it to OAP training.

What I did was instead of having 2 legs on the pad, I hang from one arm and put one leg on the pad and one out to the side, which makes sense since at the dead-hang with one arm both legs are not level. Choose a weight you can JUST do one rep with and do 5-6 sets of 1 rep.

I'll keep this up and let you know if this method works. I'm surprised I haven't seen people mention this or do it on Youtube etc.

Using assisted pull-up machine for OAP 34oxbt0
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

Fi

PostSubject: Re: Using assisted pull-up machine for OAP   Using assisted pull-up machine for OAP EmptySat May 12, 2012 10:06 pm

I like your thinking. We've got one of those machines in the gym, and I think you're right - surprising that no-one's thought of using them for OAP's. Might just give it a go too. WHat &age of your bodyweight have you started on? I'm thinking a third sounds sensible, but that's a total guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bar-barella.com
Sosna

Sosna

PostSubject: Re: Using assisted pull-up machine for OAP   Using assisted pull-up machine for OAP EmptySat May 12, 2012 11:07 pm

Phin wrote:
I like your thinking. We've got one of those machines in the gym, and I think you're right - surprising that no-one's thought of using them for OAP's. Might just give it a go too. WHat &age of your bodyweight have you started on? I'm thinking a third sounds sensible, but that's a total guess.

Cheers for the reply, er well I'm not really starting my OAP from scratch at the moment I've already made significant progress with it using other methods and weighted pull-ups etc. Just to answer your question though, I was doing about 60% percent positive reps and 70-80% negs.

However I would say just try it out and see what weight you can do 1-2reps with and work your way up from there. Doing anything more than 3 reps is pointless for OAP training.

I have to say though my biceps are REALLY sore today (not bad sore) so I'm leaving it at least 5-6 days before going at it again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using assisted pull-up machine for OAP   Using assisted pull-up machine for OAP Empty

Back to top Go down

Using assisted pull-up machine for OAP
Page 1 of 1