Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Back Clap pushups

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mikey1995

Back Clap pushups Empty
PostSubject: Back Clap pushups   Back Clap pushups EmptyMon May 28, 2012 11:16 pm

how can i progress to back clap pushups??
i can do front clap pushups.. superman pushups.. and some other explosive pushups that i do not know the names of, but i cant do the back clap pushup..

any suggestions?

i want to also do it with my feet together and not spread out.. i do not want to cheat it Smile
Back to top Go down
Mikey1995

Back Clap pushups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Clap pushups   Back Clap pushups EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 12:09 am

?
Back to top Go down
Bevinator

Back Clap pushups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Clap pushups   Back Clap pushups EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 12:53 am

Keeping doing explosive push ups.
Back to top Go down
Mikey1995

Back Clap pushups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Clap pushups   Back Clap pushups EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 12:59 am

pflmagic wrote:
Keeping doing explosive push ups.

i am.. doesnt seem to help.. lol

any progressions of claps or something u can think of?
Back to top Go down
NGN

NGN

Back Clap pushups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Clap pushups   Back Clap pushups EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 1:44 am

have you tried explosive push ups with weight?
Back to top Go down
Mikey1995

Back Clap pushups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Clap pushups   Back Clap pushups EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 1:58 am

no i dnt have any that i cud use
cant buy any either not wanting to spend money..

anything else
there has to be a way
i see calisthenics people doing it without weights
Back to top Go down
NGN

NGN

Back Clap pushups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Clap pushups   Back Clap pushups EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 2:25 am

Keep at it then.

maybe get a cushion and have at it. When you get real tired of landing on your face you'll get it then. hehe
Back to top Go down
Tim

Tim

Back Clap pushups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Clap pushups   Back Clap pushups EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 4:54 am

You have to go higher, or move faster in order to do them. To practice going higher get a pile of books and when you do your explosive push-up, try and land on the books... when you can, add more books to make it higher.

Another thing that will help is slowly moving where you are clapping. If you can clap your hands, try and get you hands to your thighs and then back to the normal position. Then your a$$, then try and clap behind your back.

You may need to work on should flexibility to in order to move to that position fast enough.
Back to top Go down
Mikey1995

Back Clap pushups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Clap pushups   Back Clap pushups EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 1:24 pm

Tim wrote:
You have to go higher, or move faster in order to do them. To practice going higher get a pile of books and when you do your explosive push-up, try and land on the books... when you can, add more books to make it higher.

Another thing that will help is slowly moving where you are clapping. If you can clap your hands, try and get you hands to your thighs and then back to the normal position. Then your a$$, then try and clap behind your back.

You may need to work on should flexibility to in order to move to that position fast enough.

i am already exploding on top of high chairs..
what stretches can i do to help me?
Back to top Go down

Back Clap pushups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Clap pushups   Back Clap pushups EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 1:44 pm

I'm pretty sure you have to learn how to shift your weight to your feet, otherwise, you're not going to get high enough.
Back to top Go down
nguyenquanghung

nguyenquanghung

Back Clap pushups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Clap pushups   Back Clap pushups EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 8:37 am

yo i can do it
about 1 year ago i couldn't
i tried to do alot of exploves pushup but it didn't work
mikey,just try to build maximum strength-doing ring pushup,ring dip,weight dip/pushup.....it's work for me
Back to top Go down
Vibe95

Back Clap pushups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Clap pushups   Back Clap pushups EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 3:06 pm

well since ur already able to go on chairs then maybe its flexibility.
Back to top Go down
Mikey1995

Back Clap pushups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Clap pushups   Back Clap pushups EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:01 pm

What stretches should i perform in order to become flexible enough to do a back clap pushup??

any stretches you guys recommend??

please reply
thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
NGN

NGN

Back Clap pushups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Clap pushups   Back Clap pushups EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:21 pm

thinking a dynamic stretching shoulder warm up before pushups would work?
Back to top Go down
Mikey1995

Back Clap pushups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Clap pushups   Back Clap pushups EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 1:43 am

alright i will give this a shot..

ill let u no what happens on friday (2 days) which is my workout day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mrpullup2

mrpullup2

Back Clap pushups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Clap pushups   Back Clap pushups EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:40 am

I found that doing higher volume + explosive pushups helped me a lot. You could even alternate sets. Say, 5 sets of 10 explosivly, and another 5 very slowly to build the tension. I dont knw what your strength is at, but you can do more thatn ten in eache set too. I did this for a while, and eventully I could do aztec pushups. Look em up......
Back to top Go down
Mikey1995

Back Clap pushups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Clap pushups   Back Clap pushups EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:44 pm

ok i can explode high enough and the dynamic stretching shoulder warm up didnt work???

what stretches can i do to make me more flexible enough to do it?
Back to top Go down
Vibe95

Back Clap pushups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Clap pushups   Back Clap pushups EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:47 pm

make a video so we can see
Back to top Go down
Mikey1995

Back Clap pushups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Clap pushups   Back Clap pushups EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:23 pm

ok ill make it in a couple days
just worked out.. muscles wont explode as high lol
Back to top Go down
Mikey1995

Back Clap pushups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Clap pushups   Back Clap pushups EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 4:18 pm

ok here is a video of what i can do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vS5rsonfPo&feature=plcp

i can do superman pushups too and other variations as well..

and here is my attempt at back clap pushups:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8o2EcHJtPY
Back to top Go down
NGN

NGN

Back Clap pushups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Clap pushups   Back Clap pushups EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 4:53 pm

props for posting the video.

IMHO it looks like you could work on getting higher with better form (could be tighter at the core). Stick with it and build some more muscle and power. You're on your way.
Back to top Go down
Mikey1995

Back Clap pushups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Clap pushups   Back Clap pushups EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 3:00 am

NGNFitness wrote:
props for posting the video.

IMHO it looks like you could work on getting higher with better form (could be tighter at the core). Stick with it and build some more muscle and power. You're on your way.

how do i get more explosive and get higher?
Back to top Go down
Tim

Tim

Back Clap pushups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Clap pushups   Back Clap pushups EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 4:43 am

try training clappin pushups with added weight
Back to top Go down
Mikey1995

Back Clap pushups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Clap pushups   Back Clap pushups EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:27 pm

how can i make my body more flexible to easier to the back clap motion?

what stretches would help me?
Back to top Go down
Jono

Back Clap pushups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Clap pushups   Back Clap pushups EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:42 pm

If you want to learn it then increase your explosiveness. There's 2 ways of doing that.

1) Get in push-up position with chest on floor (fully relaxed), and then contract your push-up muscle-ups (chest, shoulders, triceps, core) as fast and as hard as possible exploding off the ground.

2) When coming down from a push-up, rebound up as hard and as fast as possible. (Reactive Strength)

You might find that your rebounding off the ground explosiveness is good, but not the from completely still position.

Other ways would be to do weighted push-ups, other harder variations etc.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/reincarnate100
Sponsored content

Back Clap pushups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Clap pushups   Back Clap pushups Empty

Back to top Go down

Back Clap pushups
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bar-barians :: Training :: Training Routines-
Jump to: