Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So' I want to gain weight eating healthier

Go down 
AuthorMessage
OddBall

So' I want to gain weight eating healthier Empty
PostSubject: So' I want to gain weight eating healthier   So' I want to gain weight eating healthier EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 5:54 am

I have gained a bit too much fat from my old diet (yea I gained muscle at a decent rate, I have also gained a belly haha.) so I am looking to change it up.

So far I am looking into eggs, fish, lentils, veggies, fruits, and so on. I just need ideas of what portions I should eat to get decent amounts of calories. For example, I love broccoli, but its not very calorie dense. I like beans, but I find lentils much, much easier to cook. I enjoy very spicy food so I an normally eating mexican, indian, thai, or japanese for lunch. (I'm lucky to have authentic restaurants for all of those in town.)

Any and all help will be great =]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: So' I want to gain weight eating healthier   So' I want to gain weight eating healthier EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 6:06 am

check out leangains.com if you wanna try something new.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/fiqqymickey
Fi

Fi

PostSubject: Re: So' I want to gain weight eating healthier   So' I want to gain weight eating healthier EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 10:38 pm

Here's my suggestion for working out portion sizes:

1. Join a website like http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ (and d/l the app if you have an iPhone)
2. Buy some scales.
3. For a period of (say) 1 week, weigh everything you eat and log it into the site/app.

This will give you information on the protein/carb/fat breakdown of all foods (honestly the amount of stuff they have on there is insane, including all branded items) and also tell you the calories for that amount.

After a week you should be armed with enough information to make informed guesses about what you're eating.

There is a 4 though:
Do not get obsessed with logging everything you eat! That is a downhill path to Crazyland Wink

With regards to eating healthy tasty food:
- Canned beans are good, or cook up a massive batch so you only have to do it once or twice a week.
- Nuts are awesome - peanut butter, almonds, pumpkin seeds etc.
- Buy spices - I put chilli on most things I eat, but also Indian or Mexican spice mixes that you can add to things are good.
- Also things like vinegar and lemon juice for salads
- Marinated grilled meat is a winner.
- So are big stews and thing - cooking big batches (including roasted meats) is much easier, and although you have to eat the same thing for a few days it really saves on brain power having to think about what you're gonna eat next.

Hope that helps a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bar-barella.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So' I want to gain weight eating healthier   So' I want to gain weight eating healthier Empty

Back to top Go down

So' I want to gain weight eating healthier
Page 1 of 1