OK so.. I'll try not to bore you with another massive personal story and history BUT i will give you the general overview..Name:
28 (30/09/83 so 19 in sept 2012)Height:
Web designer (sendentry desk job)History:
Im a web designer and i spend all day at a desk. I moved from down south UK to a new job here in birmingham Jan 2011. I used to do Muay thai/kickboxing back with my freinds, i didn't know anyone up here and with motorsport taking over for a year i basically did no exercise.
I balloned up to a (personal fattest ever) weight of 211.4lb (15.1st / 95.9kg) and decided enough was enough when i couldnt fit into one of my old suit trousers. I hated my appearance and decided a drastic change was needed.Jan 9th
after all holidays done i started a homework out routine on a xtrainer and basic body stuff like pushups/situps/crunches etc combined with watching what i ate.Feb 9th
I had dropped to 196.2lb (88.9kg) and was happy i was at least seeing 'some' progress but didnt know if it was good for 1 month and certainly wasnt drastic enough for me to be happy so I 'manned' up and joined a local martial arts gym doing Muay thai again and started looking at MMA.March 20th
I hit my first goal of 185lb! (13.2st /83.8kg). I believe tracking my weight and setting this goal helped push me though.
After that i slowed a little.. hitting 180lb on April 25th
and then 175lb on May 19th
which Kind of brings me to now...
I currently weigh 173lb (12.3st / 78.4kg) Go me!
, i think my lowest for several years in fact but
i still have a belly and i still want to lose more.. so far ive lost 38lbs~ which i feel is good progress.
Next aim is 170lb and then 165lb.. at which point im then going to focus on muscle bulking.. as at 165lb im gonna look fairly rakish!Aims of this log:
I want to get involved with bar-work.. i love the videos, i love the moves and i love the idea of having a decent upper body, something I have never had in my life. Ever. I like the idea of community within bars and as i have two mates also starting out an into it i could have my own 'crew' within bar-barians.Personal Targets:
- Weigh 165lb by july 14th 2012 (for a bet with a mate)
- drop bodyfat %, gain muscle tone and strength
- build self confidence through workout improvements and help
- be able to perform advances bar techniques as seen in videos
- get stron enough to put a routine together no matter how short
- healthier lifestyle
- combine barwork with my martial arts, not replace it
- meet new people and learn cool tricks!Current Diet: Lean gains-ish7am:
CLA / omega 3 / multi vit tabs with water cardio workout with bcaa drink10.30am:
Protein shake (1 scoop + 250ml water)1pm:
Chicken salad either homemade or from subway sometimes / sometimes grilled chicken or salmon or white fish with broccoli no carbs with salads, sweet potato/brown rice or pasta with rest3.30pm:
Handful almonds / sultanasevening martial arts training7.30/8.30:
protein shake (basicly soon as im home from training)8pm-ish/9pm-ish:
white fish / chicken / salmon with spinach broccoli etc.. sometimes with eggs.. no carbs
It's lean gains-ish but im rubbish with macros and the 10.30am protein shakes a mild cheat but apparently helps keep motabolysm firing? No idea really, so much conflicting info?Training Setupin the mornings:
- Running 3 x a week (mon/wed/fri) - distance and decent pace (not HIIT atm as im training for a 5k race in september too.)
- Basic weights / bodyweight circuit 2 x a week (tues/thurs)Then in evenings:monday:
1hr muay thai & 1hr MMATuesday:
1hr nogi BJJWednesday:
1hr traditional BJJThurday:
1hr muay thai & 1hr Strength and conditioningFriday:
evening off OR 1hr Traditional BJJ seeing how i feel
Saturday: 1hr striking 10.30am
There you have it.. Me in one big-a$$ forum post. Ive only just upped my training to this much in the last week or two.. So we shall see how it goes! Previously I just did mondays and thursdays with a striking on a saturday. the BJJ is all new
- Comments, changes, tips, guides all wanted and welcome.
- I'm going to put in a bodyweight training session in the AM's two days a week and cardio 3 mornings a week untill i reach weight goal.. then cut back onm the cardio, but what that routine is i have no idea.. THATS partly why im here!