Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So who watched the Panorama on sports marketing/ supplements??

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FlikstRR

So who watched the Panorama on sports marketing/ supplements?? Empty
PostSubject: So who watched the Panorama on sports marketing/ supplements??   So who watched the Panorama on sports marketing/ supplements?? EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:48 am

So after all that im not sure what to think about so many things lol..

For those who missed it: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01l1yxk/Panorama_The_Truth_About_Sports_Products/

good watch.. the supplements stuff starts about 40mins in but the rest is also interesting too about sports drinks, trainers and other bits..

was gonna put this in nutrition section but figured this is more of a discussion topic etc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CTurner

PostSubject: Re: So who watched the Panorama on sports marketing/ supplements??   So who watched the Panorama on sports marketing/ supplements?? EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 1:12 pm

I have it recorded on our freesat box, I really need to watch the rest of it. I watched the first 10-20 minutes but got fed up with sports drinks stuff as I only drink water anyway haha. I'll watch the rest tomorrow as my brother with no life has done his usual and claimed the remote for the night since it's "too hot to sit upstairs on the computer."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jayb2012

PostSubject: Re: So who watched the Panorama on sports marketing/ supplements??   So who watched the Panorama on sports marketing/ supplements?? EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 6:31 pm

good find cheers

jay
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

Fi

PostSubject: Re: So who watched the Panorama on sports marketing/ supplements??   So who watched the Panorama on sports marketing/ supplements?? EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 5:12 am

Yeah I watched that - quite interesting.

My major issue with it is that it was talking about the mainstream population, of which most of us (I mean just with regards to how we train) are not in.

For example, I would not be seen dead using Maximuscle products and I would guess that the same is true of you guys!

Also, I'm pretty sure that we all know that those sugary sports drinks are pointless, unless you plan to do something requiring epic endurance. Most people who use them (the same ones that use the stupid machines in the gym) just have a light workout for half an hour, then drink back in the form of sugar all the calories they've lost.

The most interesting bit was on BCAA's, although I suspect they've not realised that most hardcore types use them to facilitate training when fasted. All the talk amongst some of the most respected trainers seems to point towards the fact that they are a very valuable addition to ones diet, so it was weird to hear those scientists saying otherwise.

On the up-side, it was good to hear scientists finally calling out manufacturers for making bogus claims about their products.

Did you see the one the other day about skin care? That was truly shocking - it was basically an hour long advert for L'Oreal and Unilever about their up-coming skincare products. (I think skincare products are the biggest scam going, and thought this program would back that up, but they were just shilling suncream and so on).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bar-barella.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So who watched the Panorama on sports marketing/ supplements??   So who watched the Panorama on sports marketing/ supplements?? Empty

Back to top Go down

So who watched the Panorama on sports marketing/ supplements??
Page 1 of 1