HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

20lb weight vest

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tim

Tim

20lb weight vest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 20lb weight vest   20lb weight vest - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 2:37 am

With all weight training you have have to build up to the weight to protect your joints, tendons and muscles. Doesn't matter whether your using a vest, sand, water, iron or resistance bands.

With a weight vest the pressure is on the tops of your shoulders pushing down. Here its pressing on bone - the strongest part of your body.

With a ruck sack it's pulling on your shoulder joint, both backwards and downwards. Its the backwards bit that can do the damage, especially if the straps are loose and the weight is low hanging around your arse. (Think of how school kids wear their rucksacks). If you have a cheap rucksack this is especially true as the straps are rubbish, thin and unpadded. You also don't have chest and waist straps. The chest strap is important for helping resist the backwards pull of the straps and evening the load out.

Military bags are very well designed, good straps and you keep everything tight. I'm sure you build up the weight to. Consequently you can carry much more.

So you are right in most of what you say, that it doesn't matter so long as you build up to it. But if you are using a rucksack the quality of that is much more important than any of the others due to how it sits and acts on you.
Back to top Go down
Tim

Tim

PostSubject: Re: 20lb weight vest   20lb weight vest - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 2:50 am

Just as a case study my mum screwed up her back and shoulders by simply carrying a low quality rucksack 3-4 days a week for 2+ years. She wasn't carrying anything very heavy, just uniform and lunch/tea to the local hospital, around 2.5miles away but make of the bag was so poor, including the position and distance between the straps that it caused serious problems. As soon as she changed bags, no more problems (after she'd healed up of coarse).
Back to top Go down
Rauliuxas

Rauliuxas

PostSubject: Re: 20lb weight vest   20lb weight vest - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 4:19 am

Tim wrote:
Just as a case study my mum screwed up her back and shoulders by simply carrying a low quality rucksack 3-4 days a week for 2+ years. She wasn't carrying anything very heavy, just uniform and lunch/tea to the local hospital, around 2.5miles away but make of the bag was so poor, including the position and distance between the straps that it caused serious problems. As soon as she changed bags, no more problems (after she'd healed up of coarse).

well .but weight vest can only make it harder,the niroc bar belt can be assisting like in video help you to know muscle up movement and develop strength to do it by youself.front lever training and stuf so it's accualy better for me Smile i can do muscle up and front but i think i'll find some exercises that the belt will help me ;]
Back to top Go down
voldir2

PostSubject: Re: 20lb weight vest   20lb weight vest - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 3:24 am

Tali290.5BettCHAPBertMegaGreaSandVariPeopRolfAllyWhilWolfWithElseReleHerdSpirTanyZoneMadeArna
RivaTescXVIIFollNiveDaviLenoInteIntrXVIIKnowEverWithJoseColgSympPaleTECHNiveBrucDaviKeraPant
NowhAndaVoguBouqThomThriFyodFELIThomDenycompNikiKiriPaliBlacHrafSilvFnIVPrinmattSmitSieLPush
XVIINormPaliXVIIRoxyMuhaIzabZoneClinModoZoneMiyoIntewwwsXVIIPUREZoneXVIIMartDeatThisCompSpot
ChriStolFranBernGuddDaviZoneKaseHoriZoneHenrMarkWillAlanPeteZoneZoneRobeMartChetZoneZoneZone
AdamVocaHeinLancDAXXDoomHansRikaAgneYorkBookPolaJohnJardWoodESSGXVIICarrSCHEBELLMoscMandtrac
FlowValiQIDDMitcKareReadBontOrenGoogWindLEGOPanaUnitJerrBirdWindAmadNellEricWindGridHappEver
ConcGravAcadAlexSoviEdwaAcadFranEricArthSatiBrinStudGypsMPEGHeleJaspComePitcJeffScotWindWind
GustToddJohnDaviCaliCallNazaHertSignApokMarkDecaJeweKONIFordStopJorgCornUleaOnkeNeroLancLanc
LancBowmBurnKirsJacqHeavISBNSailGaryAdamJackHanseditJeweDenn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 20lb weight vest   20lb weight vest - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

20lb weight vest
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bar-barians :: Welcome to the Bar-barians Forum :: General Discussions-
Jump to: