Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
K4lisPeluru

K4lisPeluru

BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR Empty
PostSubject: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 9:17 am

ok this is a SERIOUS thread only for those who are having BBRs to complete in their minds. you should fulfilled these conditions before participating in this topic to reap the most benefit out from the upcoming discussions.

CONDITION
1. Have been training for latest BBR for more than 3 months but not accomplished yet
2. At least passed the OLD BBR (2009 version)
3. Able to share and exchange knowledge / routines in order to get closer on achieving BBR
4. Keep the topic UPDATED, your progress, any problems or whatever thats getting you close to BBR

remember guys, this is a win-win situation, theres no point hiding what you learned without sharing it to others. sharing knowledge leads to gaining knowledge. thats what i believe. to work something alone and achieving it would be very honorable, but its a long and tough road ahead wouldnt it be better if all of us could achieve it together by helping one another? more than 1 head is better than 1 head. besides, sharing is caring.

so to start our first discussion, i'll post a question and my own answer on the next post. hoping to hear thoughts and opinions from all of you, especially those who are focusing on BBR.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/fiqqymickey
K4lisPeluru

K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 9:30 am

THE STRUCTURE OF BBR

5 MU
45 DIPS
25 PULLUPS
55 PUSHUPS
5 MU

under 6 mins.

if we analyse this, we find that there 2 major factors are involved.

super human muscle endurance (to handle fatigue) and anaerobic (85-95% heart rate, to maintain stamina or breath) state.

so the first question,

How can we achieve muscle endurance and maintain anaerobic state?

my solution, for starters do what i call "the classics"

30 DIPS
20 PULLUPS
40 PUSHUPS

for 3-5 sets

this is a routine i took from BB Sai Ngo's log. and i could say it works very well. everytime you do it on other different day, you get to increase your reps OR your reps get better range of motion. this is where we can solve the muscle endurance part, however, what about getting used at a high heart rate for that period time?

solution, apply "the classics" but do it FOR TIME. means try to finish it ASAP with best ROM as possible.

example, first set it could be

30 DIPS
20 PULLUPS
40 PUSHUPS

within 3 mins.

rest for 5-6 mins and then perform another set and it might look like

20+10 DIPS
10+10 PULLUPS
20+20 PUSHUPS

within 7 mins.

and keep repeating until you achieved the required sets you aimed for the day. every session you perform this, should get better in terms of quality or time or BOTH.

How has this routine helped

I manage to get the OLD BBR at a faster rate - my best time at the moment is 4:56

However, this routine helps a lot on the OLD BBR, not really on the latest BBR i suppose as you have additional MU at the beginning, and that hits fatigue quicker to your dips, pullups and pushups as through out the whole set. so there you go, thats my problem number 1. i hope someone could help me out and hope that this post helps. thanks for reading.
Back to top Go down
Sosna

Sosna

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:24 am

Well to start this is a great post, brilliant idea to get all of this information in one place.

Most of you that are regulars on the forum will probably know that I'm striving for the bar-barian reqs soon and have been training for around a year.

I have to say you in particular K4lisPeluru train a lot more often than me. Which I suppose is just a slightly different style of training, I love to be like 90-95% recovered from a previous workout before I hit something again.

Anyway, my question will be this:

Bar-barian Requirements, Where do I begin?

The path I took was a 3 stage process.

1. Reach the required amount of reps for each exercise.
2. Start stringing some of the exercises together.
3. Combine them all and gradually reduce time taken until under 6 mins.

When I started I analysed the numbers of each exercise of the BBR's and I compared these to my own numbers.
So for example:

BBRs:

Muscle-ups - 5
Dips - 45
Pull-ups - 25
Push-ups - 55
Muscle-ups - 5

My numbers when I started training were

Muscle-ups - 0
Dips - 25
Pull-ups - 15
Push-ups - 40
Muscle-ups - 0

After making this analysis I decided that I would increase my numbers individually to match each of the required reps.

So If I could do a set of 45 dips in a row fresh, then in my mind that was something ticked off the list.

In which order did I hit the required reps?

Well, Push-ups was an obvious one to hit first, 55 reps does not require too much training to achieve as long as the person is not overweight.

The second exercise was dips, I had a pretty good start with 25 reps and from there I just tried to beat my reps every time I went to the gym. I only trained dips 2 times a week and for about 4-5 sets in one session.

Third was pull-ups

and last but not least Muscle-ups

Once I had the numbers for all of these exercises individually I then began combining them and trying the old BBR's etc.

Right now I'm on the third stage of my process which as I said was:

"3. Combine them all and gradually reduce time taken until under 6 mins."

This is the part where I'm struggling the most but It wouldn't be much of an achievement if it was easy right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:03 am

great points, sosna. its amazing to see your progression from 25 dips. how is the mini BBRs coming up?

anyways, your post has lead me into another question in mind,

How to pull off 45 DIPS, after the first 5 MU?

i think this is the hardest part, next to getting the last 5 MU after 55 PUSHUPS.

to do 25 PULLUPS after DIPS is not really a big deal (because its almost a completely different muscle group, however still challenging after doing the first 5 MU) after the DIPS but to hit that 45 DIPS is the one of the biggest problem for now, especially after doing that first 5 MU? 45 is a GREAT number, especially for heavy duty exercise such as DIPS, we need to find a solution to overcome this.

which leads to the next SUB question, HOW TO GET RID OF THE FIRST 5 MU FATIGUE BEFORE THE DIPS? (important point to consider)

the last time i tried the real BBR, i was struggling at 40 to 45 DIPS after doing the first 5 MU and was literally shaking to get the 45th rep. whats your thoughts about it?
Back to top Go down
Sosna

Sosna

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:29 am

Thanks, they were going very well until about 2 days ago when I tried them and I had almost no break between the sets, I didn't make it past 25 push-ups. I just stopped and brushed it off as a bad day, I suppose you can't beat your time EVERY workout.

It's not going to put me down though I've been thinking about it and maybe a sub 3 min time for

4 muscle-ups
35 dips
18 pull-ups
35 push-ups
4 muscle-ups

is not really required.

That is why later on today I plan on doing the real BBR's and see how my break timing work etc. I'm hoping to do it in around 7 mins max though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sosna

Sosna

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:33 am

To answer your other question.

How to pull off 45 DIPS, after the first 5 MU?

It's funny you say that because That's not where I find the problem. My weakness is probably the push-ups without rest after everything that has come before.

Even though 55 push-ups by itself isn't that much of a mean feat, when you are already that fatigued I find it so hard to push through.

I suppose to answer your question you kinda need to be able to fire out 50+ dips before doing the BBR's
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 12:07 pm

the reason why i find the first 45 DIPS hardest is because its a great number not easily achieve and its a pre-req to obtain before moving to the PULLUPS. for example, u start with 5 MU and then only able to do 40 DIPS, you have already failed the BBR, in terms of step by step, to fire off 45 DIPS after 5 MU is a big problem for 1 reason - how to do it? and thank you for answering. Very Happy

IMO, solving the first 45 DIPS should be the first thing to tackle before taking BBR a step further, which in your case, how to handle 55 PUSHUPS after going through the fatigue of the MUs, DIPS and PULLUPS. that i couldnt answer yet, because i still have not passed the 45 DIPS (officially). you could say im still at stage 1 hahaha. Razz
Back to top Go down
Bevinator

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 6:57 am

Haven't reached the 3 month mark yet but when I do ill spend a bit of time contributing. Ive got some ideas Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 9:13 am

doesnt really matter bro, just throw it in now and we can further discuss on it. pirat
Back to top Go down
Geronimo

Geronimo

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:40 pm

Great discussion. I know I may not be on the exact same page as some of you but Saturday was the first time i completed the old requirements. My muscle ups were a bit ugly but I completed it . I am very dedicated and have plenty of routine ideas. I plan on starting them today. I am also going to this gymnastics class every other week to get tips on reaching certain goals I have in my path. This week I will get some pointers on increasing endurance levels. I would be happy to share my thoughts on a great routine and have others give their opinions.

About the questions on how to do the 45 dips after the muscle ups and 55 pushups after the mus dips and pulls, I may not be there yet but i know you must have two things to achieve this. One is having big numbers in all of these moves and two is to know exactly what the necessary amount of rest time is inbetween excersises.

Looks to talk about on this long path
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 1:03 pm

thanks for sharing. hey man, we're all in this together! you should vid up the old req. your contributions are very much appreciated bro. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MagneticSun

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 2:07 pm

Fantastic Idea. Many working hands make light work. this topic has the potential to help us all.

Question: What are the old/new requirements? I'm confused.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geronimo

Geronimo

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 2:52 pm

Old:
40 dips
20 pullups
50 pushups
5 muscleups

New:
5 muscleups
45 dips
25 pullups
55 pushups
5 muscleups
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jono

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 3:01 pm

Forgive me for posting in here I'm not there yet, but I have a few ideas that may help.

The way I see it is that the requirements are split into 2 parts:

1) 5 MU, 25 pull-ups, 5 MU

2) 45 dips, 55 push-ups

Forgetting about number 2 for now, to achieve 1), you would need to be proficient at high pull-ups/muscle-ups (i.e. around 15 MU or 15 chest over the bar), and have a solid regular max (i.e. preferably around 35).

Of course they (1 and 2) do overlap slightly, since the top of the MU is a dip, but you could factor that in, too.

To achieve 2), you would just need to be solid at dips, no other way around it. I have no idea how many but surely you'd need to be able to do 60'ish to give yourself a chance of surviving the 10 total MU dips and the 55 push-ups.

-----

Once you develop solid maxes overall, then that's when I'd combine it all together more to get a feel for how it is doing exercises back to back. Then again, I'm aware that doing mini BBRs can also help with increasing your maxes, so hm. Just apply all of the methods you know for improving power or endurance.

-----

Summary...

1) Become a beast at endurance pull-ups while maintaining your "powerful edge" (for MUs).

2) Become a beast at dips.

That's what I plan to consider when I get around to it.

Last edited by reincarnate100 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/reincarnate100
Geronimo

Geronimo

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 3:11 pm

I completely agree that your numbers need to be high to do the BBR. With the old bbr, doing 20 pullups is pretty tough. My max is 24, so being fatigued from the dips makes 20 a good challenge. So taking this logic to the new bbr, if your max pullups is 35... 25 fatigued is not so hard. This applies to all the rest of the moves as well. In lame terms....when fatigued, your max reps goes down. But if your max reps are significantly higher than the bbr, then doing these lower numbers should be a lot easier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagneticSun

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 4:08 pm

Thanks, Geronimo.

My plan is to keep pushing at the sets until I can do them all clean and in the required time. I believe that making the requirements a regular routine will help me get there. Completing it will give me confidence to do it in time. Starting with the old requirements, since that will help me with getting some MU's in while I may be fatigued. I will also train for endurance with a weighted vest. That has always helped me increase my numbers.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobo1256

hobo1256

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 4:30 pm

A great thread for a great topic - tackling the BBRs.

Workouts that helped me get to where I am now:

Duf summed my routine up pretty well to this:
"Five 3 minute rounds, during each round you must complete 20 dips, 10 pull ups and 25 push ups. The sets must be unbroken, meaning you can’t get off the dip or pull up bars or break plank in your push ups. If you finish before the 3 minutes is up that gets added on to your two minute rest period between sets."
Since then, I've added on a few reps here and there where I saw fit. I went from 20/10/25 to 22/12/25 to 23/13/18/ & finally to 25/14/30. I've yet to complete this routine, failing on the fifth round of dips at 17. I stop the routine where I fail. Next time, I aim to surpass that point. I like this routine because it makes me train in a very stressful state of mind by rounds 3-5. Breathing heavy, fatigued, burning, everything I feel when I attempt the requirements is what I feel in this routine. This pretty much is one day's routine for me. I'm pretty toast at the end of this.

The 2-10-2 Dip Pyramid. A staple routine the Bar-Barians do. Normally it's done with a partner. You both hop on the dip bars at the same time. One person does 2 dips while the other person holds. Then the partner does 2 dips. Work your way up to 10 then back down to 2 in the least amount of breakups as possible. If there's no partner around, just do 2 dips & hold for 2 seconds. Then 4 dips & 4 seconds. Up to 10 then back down to 2. This can also be done with push ups. With push ups, I do it with 10 second hold for each hold. Makes it a little tougher.

5 Minute Drill - Most of you already know what this is. 50 pull ups & 100 pull ups. Duf had this as one of the monthly challenges a few months back. It's also a very good routine since it trains you to workout at a very elevated heart rate. I always aim to hit 25 pull ups & 55 push ups just to get the feel of the requirements. It may not be the best because you WILL get tired out pretty quickly when you aim big in the beginning but that's how I like to do it.

Here's a new one that I also like:
50 Pull ups for time
50 Dips for time
50 Push Ups for time
These are pretty much three exclusive routines, meaning you want to be fresh for all three routines. I like this one because it helps with your speed and stamina throughout each movement. Again, I'm always trying to max out as opposed to pacing myself through the movements because I like to work in that "fatigued" state and pushing through each rep that way. I'm sure I could get a better time if I chopped up the 50 pulls into more manageable rep schemes but I'd rather go hard and hit 25 pulls just to reassure myself that I can do that.

The one golden rule I always try to follow: Quality over Quantity. Jerking, kipping, half reps, etc. only to hit certain numbers will only give you a fake sense of security in what your abilities are. I'm not gonna lie and say all my reps are 100% perfect but I'm always striving for that. Because when it's time for the requirements, you don't want to develop a habit of having sketchy reps to bail you out.

Zef told me when attempting the requirements, he told me to gauge my progress based on the number I stop at either when the time runs out or when I can't complete the next rep with proper form. Currently I'm at 21 reps for pull ups [5 MUs, 45 Dips, 21 Pull ups]. Of course, I continue on and finish the routine, but that's my benchmark for next time. I started at 14 pull ups and have since worked my way up to 21. That's my progress so far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/hobo1256
K4lisPeluru

K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 6:38 pm

reincarnate100 wrote:
Forgive me for posting in here I'm not there yet, but I have a few ideas that may help.

The way I see it is that the requirements are split into 2 parts:

1) 5 MU, 25 pull-ups, 5 MU

2) 45 dips, 55 push-ups

Forgetting about number 2 for now, to achieve 1), you would need to be proficient at high pull-ups/muscle-ups (i.e. around 15 MU or 15 chest over the bar), and have a solid regular max (i.e. preferably around 35).

Of course they (1 and 2) do overlap slightly, since the top of the MU is a dip, but you could factor that in, too.

To achieve 2), you would just need to be solid at dips, no other way around it. I have no idea how many but surely you'd need to be able to do 60'ish to give yourself a chance of surviving the 10 total MU dips and the 55 push-ups.

-----

Once you develop solid maxes overall, then that's when I'd combine it all together more to get a feel for how it is doing exercises back to back. Then again, I'm aware that doing mini BBRs can also help with increasing your maxes, so hm. Just apply all of the methods you know for improving power or endurance.

-----

Summary...

1) Become a beast at endurance pull-ups while maintaining your "powerful edge" (for MUs).

2) Become a beast at dips.

That's what I plan to consider when I get around to it.

good pointers here mate, thanks for sharing. it doesnt matter where you are, the conditions i stated just gives a brief idea for those who might be interested in this thread. thanks for the contribution. really structured analysis!!
Back to top Go down
K4lisPeluru

K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 6:39 pm

Geronimo wrote:
I completely agree that your numbers need to be high to do the BBR. With the old bbr, doing 20 pullups is pretty tough. My max is 24, so being fatigued from the dips makes 20 a good challenge. So taking this logic to the new bbr, if your max pullups is 35... 25 fatigued is not so hard. This applies to all the rest of the moves as well. In lame terms....when fatigued, your max reps goes down. But if your max reps are significantly higher than the bbr, then doing these lower numbers should be a lot easier.

+100
Back to top Go down
K4lisPeluru

K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 6:47 pm

MagneticSun wrote:
Thanks, Geronimo.

My plan is to keep pushing at the sets until I can do them all clean and in the required time. I believe that making the requirements a regular routine will help me get there. Completing it will give me confidence to do it in time. Starting with the old requirements, since that will help me with getting some MU's in while I may be fatigued. I will also train for endurance with a weighted vest. That has always helped me increase my numbers.

starting with the old req is a good idea. thats what i did, but nevertheless, the additional 5 MU in the beginning plus another 5 reps on the other 3 exercises (regards to the new BBR) makes A LOT of difference. as what i discussed with hobo earlier, the first 5 MU pre-taxes the body as you start doing the DIPS when you hit the rep range of 30+ onwards. MU should be polished as well, i would say perhaps once or twice a week - to the point it should be effortless when you attempt BBR.
Back to top Go down
K4lisPeluru

K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 6:52 pm

valuable piece of info. thanks hobo!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MagneticSun

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 7:01 pm

K4lisPeluru wrote:
MagneticSun wrote:
Thanks, Geronimo.

starting with the old req is a good idea. thats what i did, but nevertheless, the additional 5 MU in the beginning plus another 5 reps on the other 3 exercises (regards to the new BBR) makes A LOT of difference. as what i discussed with hobo earlier, the first 5 MU pre-taxes the body as you start doing the DIPS when you hit the rep range of 30+ onwards. MU should be polished as well, i would say perhaps once or twice a week - to the point it should be effortless when you attempt BBR.

Trust me, I KNOW you are right. I've attempted it twice and it wore me out! I couldn't even get one muscle up at the end and i was past 6 minutes. The beastmode dip routine should help me with the dip aspect of the requirements. Actually, all of the pyramid routines I see on this board should Help. Hobe gave some great pointers. You guys will keep me fired up, i see that
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:06 am

Awesome thread. I can't even do muscle-ups yet, so I'm definitely not ready for any of this, but it'll definitely help in the future. What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geronimo

Geronimo

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:57 pm

K4lisPeluru wrote:
Geronimo wrote:

+100

So if this is true...I would assume it is important to do a workout with max sets of each excersise? Like 5 sets of max pullups with 3min rest or so...5 sets of max dips and pushups..

What is your opinion on this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phanta

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 3:41 pm

You're probably going to think I'm stupid...
I want to be a Bar Barian but I don't have where to train for MU and I don't have a proper place for Dips too Wink

That aside, i've been training for a while and I still can't do more than 10 Pullups or more than 12 Dips or even more than 25 Pushups

I do Dips on Rings and I usually do 3-6
I usually do 5-8 Pullups
15-20 pushups

So my numbers are quite low

My estimation will be something like this:

MU - 0
Dips - 10
Pullups - 6
Pushups - 15
MU - 0

So what should I do?

Sorry I'm such a beginner
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR Empty

Back to top Go down

BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next