Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Elite-Bars

Elite-Bars

BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 9:06 am

Thankyou K4lis,

With 'pyramids' do you mean Ladders ike 1-2-3-2-1 or like 3 Sets 8 - 6 - 4?

And what are Zef sets? Smile

Thankyou

K4lisPeluru

K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 10:25 am

yea but the normal BB pyramids i normally discover are mostly

2-4-6-8-10-8-6-4-2

and do superset with it, for example pullup and pushups
2 pullup 2 pushup
4 pullup 4 pushup
etc.. you get the drill

with least break ups as possible.

zef has a lot of his own sets, the ones i know are like

pushup - pullup then 5 secs hold on top and 5 secs hold bottom - pull-up - pushup

5-5-5-35
10-10-10-35
15-15-15-35

i modified the static holds amount of time though, but the numbers of reps are roughly like written above.

each #-#-#-# is one whole set, try doing without breaking up the numbers, for example on "10" set, you break up your pullups of 10 to 5 and 5. try avoiding that. but if you have to break is fine just make sure the form through out the workouts are all as clean as possible.

more of his workouts can be found here -> http://zakaveli.blogspot.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/fiqqymickey
Elite-Bars

Elite-Bars

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 10:50 am

^Awesome man Thanks a lot!

With Supersets, do you mean like, I do 2 Pullups then immediately 2 Pushups, -rest- Then 4 Pullups and immediately after 4 Pushups, Etc?

Cool Zef sets look very interesting, yet I guess they're more... 'Taylored' to his habits and level, so to speak, for now I will stick to more 'basic' sets I think.

But to be honest, I will add this, I thought a lot after reading your other post, as basically in the last weeks I have not tried any sets to failure again, to even see if my max out have improved since like, End of September- All I do is focus on my workout and do it at my very best. But someday i'll have to decide to try a max out on Pullups and Dips with no vest on, and see what happens. It should be improved after about 6-7 weeks of hard work, atleast a bit, I know it takes a Long time and consistence.

Thankyou very much for the post.

K4lisPeluru

K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 11:27 am

try to go as many as possible in one go.

for example

2 pullup 2 pushup
immediately 4 pullup 4 pushup
then 6 pullup 6 pushup

if you feel you cannot complete 8 whole pull-ups, then rest enough to make sure you could complete the next number (without breaking it up), and continue to finish the whole pyramid set.

something to share with everyone, for my pyramid routine, i have applied the 12 min rest rule. each one whole pyramid set, the total rest time you get from is 12 min

for example
2-4-6-8-10-8-6-4-2 = 12 min rest

you able to do 2-4-6, then you should rest 5 mins (rest remaining 7 mins), then continue you able to do 8-10, rest 2 mins (remaining 5 mins), and then going down 8-6 rest 3 mins (remaining 2 mins) then 4-2 finish up your 2 min rest then move to the next workout. i know this sound complicated sorry for the poor explanation.

however if you could do 2 until 10 without breaking, then rest 7 mins

if you finish from 2 to 10 back to 2 (without any break ups at all), then rest for the whole 12 mins (quite impossible to finish the whole set when you do this method with superset workouts unless you are a bar-barian haha)

the long rest time is applied so that the muscles could recover enough to bang out more reps to complete the remaining numbers while still maintaining the intensity. so far it works well with pyramid superset workouts. this has helped me, hope it could help others. flower
Back to top Go down
Alliance Mike

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 11:12 pm

Hobos dip pull up push up routine has me a bit confused. I do the dips, pull ups, push ups then rest for 2minutes correct?

Great info on here btw guys, I love this thread, I lurk but dont post much but the info I have learned from you guys has helped me out loads. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 12:09 am

Alliance Mike wrote:
Hobos dip pull up push up routine has me a bit confused. I do the dips, pull ups, push ups then rest for 2minutes correct?

Great info on here btw guys, I love this thread, I lurk but dont post much but the info I have learned from you guys has helped me out loads. Thanks.

check inbox. no problem. show us some videos of your progress. sunny
Back to top Go down
Alliance Mike

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 12:34 am

Haha me? Vids of me? Only if you guys want a good laugh. Its been going well, I cant do a muscle up but my pull up and push up numbers are really improving.

Like I've mentioned before I compete in bjj and that is my focus but bar work is a blast. It really helps with my grip work and stamina for bjj.

I'll do my best to contribute more. Thanks gents.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobo1256

hobo1256

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 6:05 pm

Here's a classic BB routine that I do frequently to increase my dip endurance. Here it goes:

2-10-2 dips with static holds at the top for the amount of reps done.
2 dips & 2 second hold, 4 dips & 4 second hold, 6, 8, 10, 8, 6, 4, & 2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/hobo1256
Elite-Bars

Elite-Bars

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:04 pm

hobo1256 wrote:

Here's a classic BB routine that I do frequently to increase my dip endurance. Here it goes:

2-10-2 dips with static holds at the top for the amount of reps done.
2 dips & 2 second hold, 4 dips & 4 second hold, 6, 8, 10, 8, 6, 4, & 2.

^Awesome Quality work man =)

Cheers for sharing, that really gave me the idea of a proper Pyramid.

I used to do like, 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1, called them ladders, but between each 'step' I rested 15 seconds. So it's long and kind of boring lol

Staying suspended on the bars is the way, I instead got off everytime but that way it breaks the endurance which you need to achieve the BBRs.

hobo1256

hobo1256

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:10 pm

Elite-Bars wrote:

^Awesome Quality work man =)

Cheers for sharing, that really gave me the idea of a proper Pyramid.

I used to do like, 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1, called them ladders, but between each 'step' I rested 15 seconds. So it's long and kind of boring lol

Staying suspended on the bars is the way, I instead got off everytime but that way it breaks the endurance which you need to achieve the BBRs.
Thanks.

I also do a set very similar to yours. I do 1-10-1 while coming off the bar after every 'set'. I do that for time though. I try to go 1-8 with just one second rest. 4:57 is my personal best. Also a painful set if you're constantly trying to shoot for a personal best.
Back to top Go down
K4lisPeluru

K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 11:39 pm

@hobo

insane bro. you did the whole set!!!
Back to top Go down
hobo1256

hobo1256

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 3:32 pm

K4lisPeluru wrote:
@hobo

Thanks K. The sticky point is definitely the 10/8 coming down. Once you get past that, 6,4,2 is easy. Well, not easy, but manageable. No point in quitting on small sets lol. Definitely had to grit my teeth on a few of them though.
Back to top Go down
K4lisPeluru

K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 9:00 pm

hobo1256 wrote:
K4lisPeluru wrote:
@hobo

Thanks K. The sticky point is definitely the 10/8 coming down. Once you get past that, 6,4,2 is easy. Well, not easy, but manageable. No point in quitting on small sets lol. Definitely had to grit my teeth on a few of them though.

bro i realise you were adjusting yourself with the positioning in the beginning of the set. does it make any difference to any performance wise?
Back to top Go down
hobo1256

hobo1256

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 2:55 pm

K4lisPeluru wrote:

bro i realise you were adjusting yourself with the positioning in the beginning of the set. does it make any difference to any performance wise?

Just preference. No performance increase. That's where I feel the most comfortable when doing dips.
Back to top Go down
K4lisPeluru

K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 10:52 am

3 weeks left until the year end. anyone feeling confident? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sosna

Sosna

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 11:58 am

I'm gonna have 2-3 attempts before the end of the year. I've been training endurance hard since the workshop 3 weeks ago but haven't really had anything to gauge my progress, so not sure how close I am.

Yourself?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 12:12 pm

Thats great news bro. Anything you can share on endurance training?

Im still stuck on 2k10 phase 4. I plan to attempt the real bbr once as soon as i clear that phase.
Back to top Go down
Sosna

Sosna

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 12:29 pm

Well for endurance I've been doing your 2013 Phase 2 every few days. Then I've been mixing it up with a brutal Pull/Push Pyramid.

1-8-1

Pull-ups and Push-ups
Max 10 sec rest between exercises

Total of 64 Pull-ups and 128 Push-ups

First time it took roughly 11 mins but yesterday I did it in 9:40.

also been doing max pull-ups and straight to max push-ups every now and then.

Been training almost everyday.

My muscles aren't even getting sore anymore which I find strange. But I'm going till I practically collapse lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bevinator

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 8:08 pm

Keep at it guys. Great stuff!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 1:09 am

@Sosna

thanks bro. the clock is ticking!
Back to top Go down
Geronimo

Geronimo

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 6:23 pm

Where are all of the attempts guys? I want to see some videos....some progress.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soccerguy

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 7:26 pm

Quote :
Where are all of the attempts guys? I want to see some videos....some progress.
Me too every time I see a post in here
I think one of you have completed it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:49 am

not close. i think im only at 60% progress. still stuck at phase 4... my problem is the dips. gotta figure how to pass 30 without hitting fatigue and making it worse for the pushups later. tips anyone?
Back to top Go down
Sosna

Sosna

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 11:25 am

I would say this routine would help with that:

I'm have a similar issue, the 45 dips are ok but by the time I get to the push-ups my triceps struggle. I get to around 30-35 push-ups and from then on its like 5 rep mini sets. This would be fine, if I could get the 55 push-ups done quickly, but it always takes a bit too long not leaving me enough time to recover before getting the last 5 muscle-ups in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bevinator

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 4:14 pm

K4lisPeluru wrote:
not close. i think im only at 60% progress. still stuck at phase 4... my problem is the dips. gotta figure how to pass 30 without hitting fatigue and making it worse for the pushups later. tips anyone?

Heavy weighted dips.
Just before I started training for BBR I was doing a fair few of these... Once a week.
My max dips unintentionally went through the roof.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR   BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

BAR-BARIAN POTENTIALS / THOSE WHO ARE AIMING FOR BBR
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next