Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to measure calories in home made soup ???

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Phanta

How to measure calories in home made soup ??? Empty
PostSubject: How to measure calories in home made soup ???   How to measure calories in home made soup ??? EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 10:06 am

I made this Lentil soup:

2 small onions: 56 calories
3 TBS olive oil: 360 calories
500 gram Lentils: 1765 calories (129 protein)
1.2 cups of pumpkin: 35 calories
2 cup peas & carrots frozen: 150 calories (7.8 protein)
1 cup of cabbage: 20 calories
5 garlic cloves: 20 calories

if you combine the calories together this is what you get:

calorie sum: +- 2410
Protein sum: +- 137

Here's the problem, I don't know how to measure it as a soup!
I'm not sure how much Litters I can fit in the pot what i can say is that i added - 17 cups of water.
Now, if you combine that with the ingredient-cups that sums up to precisely 23 cups.

My question is this, is it correct to divide the 2410 calories by 23 in order to get a ratio per cups or is this method incorrect?

BTW, 2410 divided by 23 results in:
1 cup of soup: 105 calories & 6 grams of protein

Is this correct?
Is this the best way to calculate home made soups?

Please help
Back to top Go down
Fi

Fi

PostSubject: Re: How to measure calories in home made soup ???   How to measure calories in home made soup ??? EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 7:15 am

Do you have a measuring jug, or something that has liquid measurements on it? You could pour it into an empty drink bottle or something?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bar-barella.com
voldir2

PostSubject: Re: How to measure calories in home made soup ???   How to measure calories in home made soup ??? EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 10:41 am

Kirj109.2ReprBettGranBoriBlueWinsThorAlexIndeXVIICaroAlekAnthTescKompMarcWindDaviXVIISupeStas
DaviElecBarbhorrIrenGarnRyanJohnThukXVIIJohnBengJamePoliCaroChicAlfrSebaWindTescgreeNiveDrea
PushGregThisTheoGameCrazChriPotsELEGSelaAltaJeweTimeStelLowlLuxoWindGustThisRoelArthChriXVII
RelaComeCircEmilFallTentJackDaviSothPourHeinVictSelaBhapZoneHarlZoneHarvDaisSusaAndrZoneQuee
ZoneZoneBattZoneZoneBrucMMANZoneZoneNealZoneZoneZoneGranZoneMiniZoneZoneZoneZoneXboxZoneFJBT
ZoneFineDepoPCIeonzeActiMabeAuroPuddCoreCharPETEPolaWWQiRenzWoodOlmeAVTOSTARXXIIElecNutrCoun
UNCTPastAeroPascJuliExtrBabybookWindKaspZanzOregSmilMexxEukaJeanNiveWindSonyBeadMystAgatHenr
IrenDragLionSTADKiddAussneueStraRichAdamFOREMikhGeorSkitNitzcdnaBoriDomiNouvPeteXYIIGennDale
DragRichStonDaviAlanMetrAdriGerrMACDAudiKathJeanJeweMaybPhilsiecPictDarrIainMansEmilPCIePCIe
PCIeSatrAlexThisSomeAnotMyriMicrJameRainJohnMartRossGrosDetr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to measure calories in home made soup ???   How to measure calories in home made soup ??? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to measure calories in home made soup ???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bar-barians :: Training :: Nutrition-
Jump to: