Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Training - Reaction Time - Physically Prepared

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SlikRic

SlikRic

Training - Reaction Time - Physically Prepared Empty
PostSubject: Training - Reaction Time - Physically Prepared   Training - Reaction Time - Physically Prepared EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 1:54 am

Training parkour saved me from serious injury tonite on my bike. Had to swerve to avoid a motorcycle. Unclipped both feet in time, kongd on the ground to standing up right. I was standing there very surprised! I was pretty much sure it was going to end badly, but stood there without a scratch on me. I was going fast. I had the light though and was being very aware and cautious of everything. I am 100% positive that if it was the average person they would've been in the hospital with very serious injuries. I've taken from the experience and am going to slow down! Even though my reactions may be good, others actions and reactions, most of the time, are not. And plus, even monkeys fall out of trees.
Back to top Go down
http://rickseedman.com/
daWALLi

daWALLi

PostSubject: Re: Training - Reaction Time - Physically Prepared   Training - Reaction Time - Physically Prepared EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 2:35 am

Wow, that sounds like a close call Rick. Glad you're okay.

You're right though. Knowing parkour is great because you know how to fall properly, transfer weight, etc...

A clip of that would be cool though - something straight out of a movie! lol!

I cycle almost everyday here in Korea and sometimes I don't wear a helmet. I must be nuts! From now on I definitely will!
Back to top Go down
uk Jay

uk Jay

PostSubject: Re: Training - Reaction Time - Physically Prepared   Training - Reaction Time - Physically Prepared EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 am

Awesome hahahhhahahshahsa!!! Thts some sikk reaction time buddy!!!
Back to top Go down
gladiator

PostSubject: Re: Training - Reaction Time - Physically Prepared   Training - Reaction Time - Physically Prepared EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 8:21 am

Looks like I need to learn some parkour . Glad to know ur ok Rick
Back to top Go down
jamal888

jamal888

PostSubject: Re: Training - Reaction Time - Physically Prepared   Training - Reaction Time - Physically Prepared EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 9:43 am

i am also glad that you are ok Rick.
I think that parkour is on of the best ways to protect ourself before injuries and in many times also can save lifes. And for me is parkour good when i sprint on bus and i am late lol ,)
Back to top Go down
http://www.3runslovakia.com
Pawel

PostSubject: Re: Training - Reaction Time - Physically Prepared   Training - Reaction Time - Physically Prepared EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 11:00 am

yup, parkour is great, I love doing it
good that you're all right Rick, hope you won't have to use parkour in this way again
Back to top Go down
SlikRic

SlikRic

PostSubject: Re: Training - Reaction Time - Physically Prepared   Training - Reaction Time - Physically Prepared EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 2:00 pm

Pawel wrote:
good that you're all right Rick, hope you won't have to use parkour in this way again

yes its supposed to be use in an emergency but def hope i never have to use like this again. thanks dudes for caring for me!!
Back to top Go down
http://rickseedman.com/
Patch

PostSubject: Re: Training - Reaction Time - Physically Prepared   Training - Reaction Time - Physically Prepared EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 5:45 am

Wow, thats awesome Rick, my Gymnastics instructor should probally learn that, cause whe he was riding his bike, he fell over and tore the ligaments off his shoulder, been out of using it for year and half now and just finally got surgery, so man Gods looking out for you.
Back to top Go down
Unleashed

Unleashed

PostSubject: Re: Training - Reaction Time - Physically Prepared   Training - Reaction Time - Physically Prepared EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 10:47 am

Pawel wrote:

+1 ! Takeeeee care Rick farao
Back to top Go down
Diiaz

Diiaz

PostSubject: Re: Training - Reaction Time - Physically Prepared   Training - Reaction Time - Physically Prepared EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:57 pm

Parkour is really good to work your Reaction Time... I dont have a serious bail for more than 2 years and a hald (I train parkour for 3) just because my body can react very fast in a 'non waited' situation...
Parkour is exploring your body in all diferent ways and that could be really usefull.

Glad your ok Rick.

Peace
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training - Reaction Time - Physically Prepared   Training - Reaction Time - Physically Prepared Empty

Back to top Go down

Training - Reaction Time - Physically Prepared
Page 1 of 1