Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Unstable power tower

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SIMBA

SIMBA

Unstable power tower Empty
PostSubject: Unstable power tower   Unstable power tower EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 4:46 pm

My power tower moves about quite alot which is annoying but i've always liked it like that because i have to keep to strict form, but when i lower the bar all the way down to do muscle ups its moves about way too much and feels like i'm going down.

Anyone with ideas on how to keep it strapped down is appreciated. Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

NGN

PostSubject: Re: Unstable power tower   Unstable power tower EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 1:22 pm

you could redhead it to your garage floor, screw it down to a wood floor, or strap it to the boards of ext. deck. if not bolted down I wouldnt want to do MU on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SIMBA

SIMBA

PostSubject: Re: Unstable power tower   Unstable power tower EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 2:00 pm

I guess i could but i prefer the power tower to be in my room that way i can do GTG, which works wonders for anyone who hasn't tried it out yet but yeah i went out and bought two 25kg sandbags put each on one side to hold it down and now i can do MU's. Problem Solved! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

NGN

PostSubject: Re: Unstable power tower   Unstable power tower EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 2:54 pm

nice....you must have tall ceilings
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jono

PostSubject: Re: Unstable power tower   Unstable power tower EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 2:58 pm

I may buy one for my back garden. Just worried that it'll die in the bad weather
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/reincarnate100
NGN

NGN

PostSubject: Re: Unstable power tower   Unstable power tower EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 3:09 pm

I got my tower for $40 used so I dont mind it rusting outside. Once I buy a house I will put in a cemented in bar system.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SIMBA

SIMBA

PostSubject: Re: Unstable power tower   Unstable power tower EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 4:21 pm

DAMN! I paid about £100 for mine i feel like i got robbed. Jono dont get one unless it's your only bet because they're made for basic pull ups and dips, and you cant add simple variations without it being a problem. Or do what i did ^^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

Fi

PostSubject: Re: Unstable power tower   Unstable power tower EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 5:17 pm

Sai says the
Shamrock Triple Gym is coming out here soon. It looks really good, although you might want to put it in your own house as it looks like it would mash the doorframes a bit and I know my housemate would go mental if I had one in my room!

Duf just got his:

In use:

View user profile http://www.bar-barella.com
Rauliuxas

Rauliuxas

PostSubject: Re: Unstable power tower   Unstable power tower EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 2:21 am

Fi wrote:
Sai says the
Shamrock Triple Gym is coming out here soon. It looks really good, although you might want to put it in your own house as it looks like it would mash the doorframes a bit and I know my housemate would go mental if I had one in my room!

Duf just got his:

In use:

Wow that's nice! you can make doorframes stronger easily!This look's good but mine dips are 2 explosive i prob would rip of the doorframe ;/ ;D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Unstable power tower   Unstable power tower EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 9:17 am

That's why i don't use a powertower, very rarely you find a sturdy one they usually weigh 500-600lbs the real ones.

If possible get each of them alone and cheaper mount a pullup bar to a beam not the door frame 30$, and get dip stand i got TDS one 500lbs. capacity around 200$. They won't fail and much stronger unless you got prisongrade powertower lol.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

NGN

PostSubject: Re: Unstable power tower   Unstable power tower EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:41 am

The commercial dip stations, even yours Ironloo have too much flex IMO. The best dip station I ever used was made from 1.5" industrial sprinkler pipe put together with threaded elbows....

Having a sturdy non flexing dip station is awesome and I can feel the difference when I go to the park (no flex) and when I do them at home....Im used to it so there really isnt a difference in the workout or the number of reps I can do but it just feels better on the slide railing which is solid.

I think I will just get a chop saw and a welder and make my own....FUN
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unstable power tower   Unstable power tower Empty

Back to top Go down

Unstable power tower
Page 1 of 1