Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone else with this problem?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SIMBA

SIMBA

Anyone else with this problem? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone else with this problem?   Anyone else with this problem? EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 5:24 pm

Basically I can never blast my core properly because i do a full body workout every other day with legs and when i try to do abs on day off i cant push them because my quads are way too sore. I could hit them before legs but that would make my core unstable when hitting my legs, 'apparently' you shouldn't do this. Any suggestions? Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckman

Buckman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else with this problem?   Anyone else with this problem? EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 5:58 pm

i do abs,lower back and legs on 1 day.. depends on order first i do hanging leg raises and when i am finished then crunches,squats,calf raises,lower back exercises all in circle no rest
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josiyah

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else with this problem?   Anyone else with this problem? EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 6:00 pm

mshefa07 wrote:
Basically I can never blast my core properly because i do a full body workout every other day with legs and when i try to do abs on day off i cant push them because my quads are way too sore. I could hit them before legs but that would make my core unstable when hitting my legs, 'apparently' you shouldn't do this. Any suggestions? Sad

Do abs directly after legs or that night? I just do core stuff in the afternoon most days, and that works out ok
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SIMBA

SIMBA

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else with this problem?   Anyone else with this problem? EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 10:05 pm

Yeah but my legs are dead right after. I do high volume after im done i cant even walk straight for a couple of mins lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

NGN

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else with this problem?   Anyone else with this problem? EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 11:15 pm

yeah since adding volume to my workouts my overall energy levels have been low causing my core work to suffer. To compensate I have been hitting core later in the day and on rest days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Razorburne

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else with this problem?   Anyone else with this problem? EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:33 am

Maybe lower your volume just a bit. You will still get a great workout, but you won't be so blasted that you couldn't do abs after legs or on your off day. If your volume is to a point that interferes w/ you being able to complete your workout, it seems like it is a likely culprit and possible solution.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

NGN

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else with this problem?   Anyone else with this problem? EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:50 am

Razorburne wrote:
Maybe lower your volume just a bit. You will still get a great workout, but you won't be so blasted that you couldn't do abs after legs or on your off day. If your volume is to a point that interferes w/ you being able to complete your workout, it seems like it is a likely culprit and possible solution.

I disagree. but as always its just my opinion and I could be wrong.
I should have said my energy levels taper off at the end of the workout when Im trying to hit core and thats why I split it off if I run out of energy or time.
I think volume is very important and if needed splitting up the workout and hitting core later or on a rest day is the better solution.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

NGN

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else with this problem?   Anyone else with this problem? EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:52 am

I dont really get why sore quads would hamper a core workout though....????
Work thru a little pain dude.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SIMBA

SIMBA

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else with this problem?   Anyone else with this problem? EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 4:56 am

Even if i do for example, hanging leg raises, cant even lift my legs up because there just dead. I'll figure something out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brfc_watts

brfc_watts

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else with this problem?   Anyone else with this problem? EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 9:08 am

I've had this problem before, and is exactly why I work my abs before my legs in my workout. I do sets of jump squats with minimal rest, trying to do hanging leg raises or God forbid, an L-sit aftewards would be an nightmare.
I know having a fatigued core will hamper exercises such as squats (especially pistols), so I focus more on bodyweight/jump squats. Quite honestly, I prioritise improvement of my core more than my legs at this particular time, so I do it first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SIMBA

SIMBA

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else with this problem?   Anyone else with this problem? EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 1:52 pm

Yeah thats what i've been doing hitting my core before legs. Only option
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fit-Bull90

Fit-Bull90

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else with this problem?   Anyone else with this problem? EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 2:25 pm

mshefa07 wrote:
Yeah thats what i've been doing hitting my core before legs. Only option

Do Ab wheel rollouts, they smash your core Razz You can do rollouts on rings if you do not have a roller. Another option is the hollow body hold on the ground, very intense. If you can do Front Lever tough, that is enough for the core in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else with this problem?   Anyone else with this problem? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone else with this problem?
Page 1 of 1