Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Warming Up Properly?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SIMBA

SIMBA

Warming Up Properly? Empty
PostSubject: Warming Up Properly?   Warming Up Properly? EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 10:55 pm

So my question is what's the best way to warm up for a workout. My workouts are mainly maxing out and heavy weighted sets of about 2 reps so how can i warm up to make sure that i get the best numbers for the days when i'm maxing out and the days when i'm dipping and pulling heavy?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

NGN

PostSubject: Re: Warming Up Properly?   Warming Up Properly? EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 1:58 am

Well I have several ways to warm up and they all have 2 things in common. They increase circulation and core temp.

1. 20 min soak in a hot bath. Core temp is up and blood is flowing. All that is needed for me then to proceed into going all out is a few dynamic stretches.

2. 3 mile run. results are the same. funny thing here is that my strength after a good run seems to be enhanced due to the increased circulation during the run.

3. 10-15 min stationary bike with sweats on. This works on same principle but I only do this if I go to the gym. not nearly as effective as 1 and 2.

4. No warm up. a few dynamic stretches and go to work. I do this often and as long as my muscles and joints feel ready to go nuts I dont feel the need to worry about it. I have had just as many great workouts on little or no warm ups as I have had with the full warm up treatments.

Keep in mind that I live in San Diego and usually workout outside during peak sun. If I was in a colder climate I would most likely do a warm up all the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SIMBA

SIMBA

PostSubject: Re: Warming Up Properly?   Warming Up Properly? EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 9:02 am

Yeah i normally do no.4 or 2 (1mile) but exactly what i wanted to know is the reps i should warm up with e.g if i'm maxing out, my max set on pull ups is 22, i might not beat that on the first set but i might do it on the second or third which is weird because im meant to have more energy at the beginning of my sets than middle, and i think that its because im not warmed up properly??? so should i do like half the number of my max which is 11 then that's my warm up or do a few sets of 5 pull ups and for the weighted days instead of going straight full weight should i warm up with half or quarter the weight? So basically i dont want to be tired but i want my body to be optimal for the workout. I'm not sure if i explained it properly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blue hefner

blue hefner

PostSubject: Re: Warming Up Properly?   Warming Up Properly? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:19 am

What I do is a shoulder warmup (for upperbody).

Or option 2 (best-overal warmup):

Elliot Hulse bio-energizer warmup: Its great, pumps you up to the ... fullest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SIMBA

SIMBA

PostSubject: Re: Warming Up Properly?   Warming Up Properly? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 5:54 pm

Quote :
What I do is a shoulder warmup (for upperbody).

Or option 2 (best-overal warmup):

Elliot Hulse bio-energizer warmup: Its great, pumps you up to the ... fullest.

Yeah i do LBM's shoulder warm up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7187Yqpq6I

& Elliot's definitely awesome i'll check it out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emachine

PostSubject: Re: Warming Up Properly?   Warming Up Properly? EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 5:04 pm

Best warm up IMO is a fast paced skipping session of 10 mins, by the time your done, your dripping in sweat, your arms feel nice and loose, not tired and your ready to rock.

Zeromni

Zeromni

PostSubject: Re: Warming Up Properly?   Warming Up Properly? EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 6:14 pm

my main warm ups is 3 sets of max pull ups and max dips also sumtimes max push ups this is all before the real workout.and i do it weighted also. but there is a warm up for anything realy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blue hefner

blue hefner

PostSubject: Re: Warming Up Properly?   Warming Up Properly? EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 9:00 am

SImba definitely good warmup, not just for that. It energizes you, good when you wake up.

Also LBM's shoulder warmup is good, but if you have bands, do the shoulder mobilization one from Ido Portal: preparing and warming up:).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warming Up Properly?   Warming Up Properly? Empty

Back to top Go down

Warming Up Properly?
Page 1 of 1