Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Push-ups question

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Push-ups master

Push-ups question - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Push-ups question   Push-ups question - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 1:40 am

I got back on the horse somewhat today. The turmeric, MSM, ice, and fish oil seem to be correcting the issue in my elbow to the point where it's almost undetectable. I did 250 push-ups, but still no chin-ups yet. They'll come soon.
I tried a variation of wide-grip push-ups and shoulder-width today and came out all right. The only issue I have at the moment is the lack of "pump" as Tim called it. My pectoral muscles aren't getting pumped up after these workouts. This is what made me think I lost muscle tissue, since my chest seems to be smaller.
I'm also getting this weird twitching in my right triceps that doesn't bother me other than to wonder what's causing it.
Anyone else experience this loss of "pump" or twitching sensation?

NGN: You made a good point about variation, so I've been working my abs a bit on the chin-up bar. I also bought some bromelain today, as you referenced in one of your previous posts.
Tim: Thanks for your clarification. I'm my own biggest critic, so "tough love" isn't required. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

NGN

PostSubject: Re: Push-ups question   Push-ups question - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 1:55 pm

Right on! Good to have you back. Let food be thy medicine (and food derivatives). Its amazing how God gave us everything we need.

The healing power of turmeric is surprising.

MSM? looks interesting. I wonder why I havent known of this till now. Ah well I havent been into researching sups but for 6 months now. I will pick some up this morning.

Thanks

BTW, you're not going to get a pump doing GTG. I need multiple sets or a single set of very high reps to get a pump. A pump feels great and looks great too. Exhibit A - my profile pic is of me with a massive pec pump. I do not look like that all the time. I dont believe a pump is reflective of how much muscle you will build or how effective the workout is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elite-Bars

Elite-Bars

PostSubject: Re: Push-ups question   Push-ups question - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 4:05 pm

Hi All,

I was going to make a thread called PushUp question myself but then I saw this top of the page so I guess It was better not to start another one for such a question...

I bet it'll sound stupid, sorry if it is, but it's been really grinding my gears.

I now use ankle weights aswell as the weight vest, it's awesome for Dips and Pullups as the body hangs, but I wanted to ask, does it make pushups harder too? As the weight is right next to the feet which are on the floor obviously.

I thought of just like throwing the straps on my back, but I alternate exercises and sets with fixed times, and I can't keep putting them on and off, it's too Fiddly, and anyway it would condition the rest seconds.

I donow. Tonight was the first time. I mean, technically they hang aswell so it should make them harder, but on the ankle, not much difference in the chest area, I just don't know, it's a bit annoying though, I wanted more weight round there too. I tried putting the backpack over the vest but it's too messy, or even putting the dumbell on my back, but I ended up getting a fucking cramp in my arm so I guess that was a wrap.

Sorry if this is weird.

NGN

NGN

PostSubject: Re: Push-ups question   Push-ups question - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 4:35 pm

Lol....sorry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elite-Bars

Elite-Bars

PostSubject: Re: Push-ups question   Push-ups question - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 5:45 pm

NGN wrote:
Lol....sorry

Ha, expected reaction, I guess yeah it was pathetic...

My bad -.-

Push-ups master

PostSubject: Re: Push-ups question   Push-ups question - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:44 am

I've been going pretty good at this grease the groove thing, but discovered tonight that I have stepped it up too far (I hit failure in a few sets).
I've been doing 1 set of 15 narrow-grip and 1 set of 16 wide grip push-ups for a little while, every half hour.
Stepping it up to that level (31) from only doing 15-16 per half hour before might have been a little too much too soon (although I hate admitting that).
Let's just say I gave my desk a good punch when I hit failure tonight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Push-ups question   Push-ups question - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Push-ups question
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3