Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Christmas Rings(Please Reply)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BodyweightSoldier

BodyweightSoldier

Christmas Rings(Please Reply) Empty
PostSubject: Christmas Rings(Please Reply)   Christmas Rings(Please Reply) EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 8:38 pm

Hey everyone for Christmas I am getting a pair of Rogue fitness rings which I have been looking forward to for a long time. I can't wait to try them out and I'm asking for people on the forum to give me some ring workouts that they know about. It can be a very short one, a very long one, very specific, ring plus something else(weights other calisthenics), a leg and ring workout etc. Please just share all the awesomeness you can.

"People think it's an obsession. A compulsion. As if there were an irresistible impulse to act. It's never been like that. I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either."- Batman

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.- Samuel Johnson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BodyweightSoldier

BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rings(Please Reply)   Christmas Rings(Please Reply) EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 9:06 pm

Come on guys someone has to have some workouts.

"People think it's an obsession. A compulsion. As if there were an irresistible impulse to act. It's never been like that. I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either."- Batman

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.- Samuel Johnson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cvok

Cvok

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rings(Please Reply)   Christmas Rings(Please Reply) EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 10:23 am

read Building Gymnastic Bodies by Coach Summer. There you will find exercises for rings plus workout plans at the end of the book Smile
interesting info from book : Parallel bar dips are rated 0.5/5 , while dips on rings are rated 4.5/5 ( 5 is the highest rate which means its the hardest )

Fi

Fi

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rings(Please Reply)   Christmas Rings(Please Reply) EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 12:36 pm

Cvok wrote:
read Building Gymnastic Bodies by Coach Summer. There you will find exercises for rings plus workout plans at the end of the book Smile
interesting info from book : Parallel bar dips are rated 0.5/5 , while dips on rings are rated 4.5/5 ( 5 is the highest rate which means its the hardest )

For sure! I can do a set of 20 on the p-bars but only 5 on the rings!

View user profile http://www.bar-barella.com
BodyweightSoldier

BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rings(Please Reply)   Christmas Rings(Please Reply) EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 9:07 pm

Yeah I posted this on the 22nd and its the 24th now so I don't know how telling me to read a book is going to help this thread. I can't go out to buy this book instead if you have it(which I assume you do) writing a few of the workouts down would have been more helpful.

That post might have seemed a little angry and it was but its not directed at you Cvok its more at the fact that no one reached out to help when I asked for it and I think that is becoming a reaccuring factor on these forums.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mtguy1976

mtguy1976

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rings(Please Reply)   Christmas Rings(Please Reply) EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 9:23 pm

Some I have done:
5 muscle ups
10 kettlebell or dumbell swings
15 burpees
4-6 times

5muscle ups
10 kb or db snatches right
10 kb or db snatches left
5 times

5 ring dips
10 push-ups
15 squats
You have 1 minute to do all three exercises (say you do it in 45 seconds, you get 15 seconds of rest), continue this for 20-30 mins

Some crossfit ones:

JT
21-15-9 reps of:
Handstand push-ups
Ring dips
Push-ups

Ryan
5 rounds for time
7 muscle ups
21 burpees (jump 1 ft above max reach)

30 muscle ups for time

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

Fi

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rings(Please Reply)   Christmas Rings(Please Reply) EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 6:22 am

Quote :
That post might have seemed a little angry and it was but its not directed at you Cvok its more at the fact that no one reached out to help when I asked for it and I think that is becoming a reaccuring factor on these forums.

The advice you get on these forums (and indeed anywhere, online or in real life, from your friends, teachers or anyone at all) is given by the good grace and character of those who share it. You are not owed anything, you have no rights to receive information and what you said above makes you sound like an ungrateful sh*t who thinks the world owes you something.

Like everyone here you have to put work into developing your own training program. That is done by research and hard work. There are sites all over the internet where you can do this, and actually searching here would find you some good ring routines. Or you could go to the Gymnastic Bodies forums where you will find the same. And if you bothered to look, you would have found that you can download the Gymnastic Bodies e-bookand have it instantly. Finally, since you train on the bar already, you could probably sit and think and develop your own routine whilst experiementing on the rings to find what you are capable of.

Anyhow, sorry to sound pissy (especially given it's Xmas) but I couldn't keep my mouth shut Smile (Well, my fingers still anyway)

Cvok

Cvok

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rings(Please Reply)   Christmas Rings(Please Reply) EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 7:16 am

Contact me on this forum ( PM ) if you want the book for free . I'm kinda of a pirate , yohoho Very Happy

Fi

Fi

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rings(Please Reply)   Christmas Rings(Please Reply) EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 7:28 am

Yeah me too. I was gonna say that you can find it on the torrent sites, but I figured encouraging theft on Xmas day wasn't so cool Wink

You should also check out Overcoming Gravity - an excellent book (IMO better than GB)

SIMBA

SIMBA

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rings(Please Reply)   Christmas Rings(Please Reply) EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 7:31 am

Quote :
The advice you get on these forums (and indeed anywhere, online or in real life, from your friends, teachers or anyone at all) is given by the good grace and character of those who share it. You are not owed anything, you have no rights to receive information and what you said above makes you sound like an ungrateful sh*t who thinks the world owes you something.
lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BodyweightSoldier

BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rings(Please Reply)   Christmas Rings(Please Reply) EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 4:20 pm

Fi Very Happy calm yourself. I didn't say I was owed anything nor would I have come off like that if you didn't allow yourself to be controlled by quick emotions. Instead I showed anger to you two because in a thread asking a question I wasn't given a helpful answer(to stop that from happening again I criticized it).

To let you know I did actually search before I posted(I do this frequently something other posters don't), I got routines from other websites like crossfit and Gymanstic Bodies, and earlier today I did my own routines from my experience(all the things you mentioned I didn't do). I created this thread because I respect the people in this forum(including you) and wanted your feedback on tried and tested routines that I could implement along with what I have. I really wish you could have responded less harshly because it kind of ruins this thread and makes any future contributions impossible so future searches won't find this thread as useful as I hoped.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

Fi

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rings(Please Reply)   Christmas Rings(Please Reply) EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 7:53 pm

BodyweightSoldier wrote:
I really wish you could have responded less harshly because it kind of ruins this thread and makes any future contributions impossible so future searches won't find this thread as useful as I hoped.

OK - let's make it useful Smile

You can read about my ring training in my training logs (you'll have to go back over a month though) but TBH they are boring - ring dips, assisted MU's, push-ups etc.

I did come across this site today though - you can sign up and get a free PDF for a beginners ring routine. Since I'm injured I won't bother with it yet, but you could sign up and maybe it will help you.

And let us know how the routines you do try work out for you.

ironloo

ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rings(Please Reply)   Christmas Rings(Please Reply) EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 8:38 pm

Depends what routines you want i do strength skills/ & basics.

My strength set is 1 mup- 1 planch hold- 1 lsit hold- drop 1 backlevr to front lever x 20 sets.Get creative add whatever.

Then i do the ring bar workout.Match whatever rep on the ring to the bar.

ex: 20 ring dips 20 sec rest 20 dips on the bar x 5.

15 ring pullups 20 sec rest 15 pullups on bar.

25 ring pushups 20 sec rest 25 pushups on floor.

A good one for chest is 1 ring fly then 1 ring pushup = 1 i do this 10 reps x 5.

A good endurance one is 5 sets maxout pushups on the rings goal is to break 100+ reps every time.

You can get a good core workout too do 1` ring rollout right in to 1 tricep extension = 1 do this 10 reps x 1.

So much you can do this is just the basics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BodyweightSoldier

BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rings(Please Reply)   Christmas Rings(Please Reply) EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 1:53 pm

Okay I signed up for that Gold Medal Bodies thing, I got the Gymnastic Bodies book thanks to Cvok, and I'll do some of those routines Loo so I think I'm pretty much set on ring work but I do plan on creating some more on my own to fit my needs day to day.

EDIT: The Gold Medal Bodies thing is useless to anyone but an absolute beginner and its all just a way to get you interested in their 95 dollar ring course.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

Tim

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rings(Please Reply)   Christmas Rings(Please Reply) EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 3:59 pm

Bit late now, but remember that it's the holiday season and so people don't always check the boards very often.. I know this is the first time i've been on since a few days before Christmas.

As to routines, the most common one I do is

10s Lsit, 10s Planche, 10s Front Lever, 10s Back Lever.

Adjust the holds to your current level (Tuck/Straddle etc)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rings(Please Reply)   Christmas Rings(Please Reply) Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas Rings(Please Reply)
Page 1 of 1