Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

QAuestion for ironloo

Go down 
AuthorMessage
triggerman12

QAuestion for ironloo Empty
PostSubject: QAuestion for ironloo   QAuestion for ironloo EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 8:39 am

hey loo,

i was wondering, what's a good way to start dead lifting, how do you add it into your leg routine?

what if you want to lift heavy? should i practice my form first?
just wondering because i just got a 300lb olympic set and dont know where to start for legs.

if you can give me an example routine that be great!!!! =D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BodyweightSoldier

BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Re: QAuestion for ironloo   QAuestion for ironloo EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 1:56 pm

Hey man Ironloo is a great person to question but if you want information PM him don't clog the board especially since it will be hard for him to find this and answer it. He is very cool and you'll learn a lot.

"People think it's an obsession. A compulsion. As if there were an irresistible impulse to act. It's never been like that. I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either."- Batman

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.- Samuel Johnson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bevinator

PostSubject: Re: QAuestion for ironloo   QAuestion for ironloo EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 7:09 pm

Read Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

ironloo

PostSubject: Re: QAuestion for ironloo   QAuestion for ironloo EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 8:03 pm

First off few tips you should understand the form with light weight. Never round the back or look left or right like me hot girl passed once i looked bam snapped something good was out about a month so if your stupid like me wear a blind fold you will be alright. Either stare straight or up the whole time to keep in line. Never use a belt, this will take a way from your true strength/core. Use straps only if your biceps/grip are fatigued. Eventually when the weight gets heavy you will need to use a mixed grip so study this and alternate left to right, always keep arms locked out never pull or row the weight especially with mixed grip you can get injured.

I would start 1-2x per week the deadlift is taxing in high volume so build up to that. For now do 2xs per week after you understand the form. I would start 1day heavy 5x5 , the other lighter weight 6x10-12

Ex:Wed/Sun
Strength day low reps EX:.225lbs. 5 sets x 5reps w/5min rest. The next week add 5-10lbs. to your strength sets.The weight should be heavy enough where you dont get 5 reps every set maybe first 2 or 3 only keep at this weight till 5x5 then up it by 10lbs.Try to add 10lbs. to this per week.
+
Endurance day higher reps EX: 185lbs.6 sets x 10-12 reps reps, add 5lbs. to this per week.

After a few months of conditioning your CNS then you go even heavier for the 1-3 rep range , and high reps in he 20-40 rep range. After months of that you can build your volume with medium weight 10-20 sets. Could take time to adjust but worth the gains.

For now i wouldn't do deadlifts and squats in the same workout, you might burnout all your energy.

So you can do this 1 full day of legs , make sure deadlifts are 2 days later to heal up. Or you can alternate 1 week deadlift 2xs legs 1xs. Or legs 2xs deadlift 1 xs. Just keep at it and add this to your calis.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
triggerman12

PostSubject: Re: QAuestion for ironloo   QAuestion for ironloo EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 9:51 pm

my bad i forgot about pm ill do that next time. Loo thanks for the tips i will try what you said out. Man, this is awsome this is my first time ever having an olympic weight set i just hope the bar will last.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
garythenuke

PostSubject: Re: QAuestion for ironloo   QAuestion for ironloo EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 12:21 am

Loo gave great advice. Your bar will last for a very long time. Even the cheapest, crappiest, bottom of the barrel Chinese-made bars will hold #300 plus for ages. If you start pressing and doing olympic lifts where you drop the weight you'll want to consider a new bar. But at that point you'll be buying bumpers or getting seriously into the DIY realm and will know what you are looking for.

Short answer; don't worry about the bar. It will last a LOT of reps"...
Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QAuestion for ironloo   QAuestion for ironloo Empty

Back to top Go down

QAuestion for ironloo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome to the Bar-barians Forum :: General Discussions-
Jump to: