Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

No place to train:(

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fasttraceur

No place to train:( Empty
PostSubject: No place to train:(   No place to train:( EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 6:33 pm

Hey.I have no place to train.I mean a place full of bars or...you know what i mean.But in my yard i have a small 40 cm bar where i can do pull-ups.Near my house it is a park.It's full of trees and i wonder if i can start training on tree branch.There are a lot of them.It's any difference from bars?will i progress slower?Please reply.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

Tim

PostSubject: Re: No place to train:(   No place to train:( EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 6:53 pm

If you have lots of trees nearby best thing would be to grab yourself a pair of gymnastic rings. That way you'll be able to do everything (although it will be a wee bit harder due to their unstable nature).

ironloo

ironloo

PostSubject: Re: No place to train:(   No place to train:( EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 8:09 pm

If you train with nature and gain high strength on them you will be stronger and notice how easier it is on the stable bars, or indoor training. Run outside in the winter is much harder then those little treadmills at planet fitness with screens on them, do pullups on thick branches like a gorilla instead of those rubber grip pullup bars in gym, pushups on all grounds platforms, you will see the difference. Try to train on a normal bar once per week if you could for certain skills.

Things to do outdoors:
Good little workout to start.

5 sets x tree pullups
5 sets x tree dips find the needed angle in the tree somewhere
5 sets x pushups any where
5 sets x heavy log flip
5 sets x heavy stone carry/walks
5 sets x heavy stone front squat/push press
5 sets x fill your back pack with rocks x 1minute planks

Keep something similar up like this for months till your reps are high every set and no fatigue then move on, maybe add rings,vest,variations to the pull/push. In meantime each month make the logs you flip heavier, the stones you lift squat heavier till over your body weight ect.

I added the stones/logs for someone who cant do deadlifts or squats these are good substitutes to build power.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
fasttraceur

PostSubject: Re: No place to train:(   No place to train:( EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:52 am

Thank you a lot.And the idea with ''logs''is a very very good idea.Thanks!Today i will start training.I want to mention that i will combine Bar-barian training with parkour training.I do parkour for a long time ago,and i need a good strenght training.I think this Bar-barian training is what i need.Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mahalkobalisongs

PostSubject: Re: No place to train:(   No place to train:( EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:32 am

try shirt pull ups cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BLKB

PostSubject: Re: No place to train:(   No place to train:( EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 6:14 am

Hey mate, keep a look out when you're out and about and you'll soon start noticing things to use - trees with horizontal branches, scaffolding (my personal favourite), bars etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mahalkobalisongs

PostSubject: Re: No place to train:(   No place to train:( EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 11:15 am

BLKB wrote:
Hey mate, keep a look out when you're out and about and you'll soon start noticing things to use - trees with horizontal branches,
that is so true i use to think i had no place to train because i lived way out in the country but i found you just have to look really hard my brother bought one of those pull up bars for a door way for less then $20

BLKB wrote:
scaffolding (my personal favourite), bars etc.
duh scaffolding was made for working out lol!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

ironloo

PostSubject: Re: No place to train:(   No place to train:( EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 4:18 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jono

PostSubject: Re: No place to train:(   No place to train:( EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 1:33 pm

Find a tree branch! I actually prefer this branch to my park's bars. This tree is about 1-2mins walk away as well
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/reincarnate100
BLKB

PostSubject: Re: No place to train:(   No place to train:( EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 5:38 pm

ironloo wrote:

Mate, you're a machine, that video's awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fasttraceur

PostSubject: Re: No place to train:(   No place to train:( EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 7:44 am

Thanks for all youre suport,I love you guys:D.You are the reason i keep training!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No place to train:(   No place to train:( Empty

Back to top Go down

No place to train:(
Page 1 of 1