Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How much sleep do you get a night/day?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Heavyweight

Heavyweight

How much sleep do you get a night/day? Empty
PostSubject: How much sleep do you get a night/day?   How much sleep do you get a night/day? EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:39 am

I usually get around 5-6 hours of sleep. I work 3rd shift so I sleep during the day. I often hear people talk about how not getting a full 8+ hours of sleep can hurt your fitness goals. I think it mainly depends on the quality of the sleep. I would rather have 4 hours of great quality sleep then 8+ hours of bad quality sleep.

I also know people that only sle3ep 3-4 hours a day and they do just fine. but would getting only 3-4 hours of sleep a night hurt your strength gains, etc. Hurt your ability to recover? Even if the 3-4 hours is great quality sleep... DO we really need to sleep 8+ hours a day like most 'muscle gurus' claim?

I do not think so.

What is your opinion on sleep?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blue hefner

blue hefner

PostSubject: Re: How much sleep do you get a night/day?   How much sleep do you get a night/day? EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 10:25 am

7-8h Sleep is enough, give or take 1-2h.
(quality)sleep is very important, most important thing; it works like this
You get less quality sleep = greater chance inflammatory = not recovering good = you wont perform or get the desired reps/workout = you get injured = you blame it on the exercise.
Im a beginner but, sleep is just important as workout as nutrition.

In the END; I think you would need 7-8 hours quality sleep.
However, if 3-4h work for you go ahead, nobody'll stop you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elite-Bars

Elite-Bars

PostSubject: Re: How much sleep do you get a night/day?   How much sleep do you get a night/day? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 4:11 pm

I always try and sleep 8 Hours, or a little more if possible. I am a bit weird with my routines. Like if I have a late night and sleep like 4-5 hours I feel out of sync and If I have to workout I fucking hate it as I feel it won't be best performance.

Cvok

Cvok

PostSubject: Re: How much sleep do you get a night/day?   How much sleep do you get a night/day? EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 6:47 am

when I have school 6 hours worked fine for me . As I'm on winter break there are days when 8-9 or even 10 hours don't work. Quality > quantity for sure. Also you should have a pattern because having pattern ( e.g. go to sleep at 23:00 wake up at 06:00 ) will improve quality.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much sleep do you get a night/day?   How much sleep do you get a night/day? Empty

Back to top Go down

How much sleep do you get a night/day?
Page 1 of 1