Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to start? book ?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
feli

How to start? book ? Empty
PostSubject: How to start? book ?   How to start? book ? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:30 pm

Hi. I have question for everyone. As you started training? Do I have to do some exercises from the book? Can you just do a workout what comes to mind? push up ? pull up ? squats ?

I'm sorry for the mistakes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckman

Buckman

PostSubject: Re: How to start? book ?   How to start? book ? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:35 pm

i started working out just doing few sets of pull ups and push ups + some weight lifting
.. but i was studying routines, technique etc before
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mushu505

mushu505

PostSubject: Re: How to start? book ?   How to start? book ? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 4:04 pm

stop thinkng start doing. the knowledge will come with experience. just go for it and if u want u can also research but start as soon as u can!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

Tim

PostSubject: Re: How to start? book ?   How to start? book ? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 9:15 pm

Read through the bar-barian beginners thread, it'll give you a lot of help if you,re just getting started. The link should be in my signature below :-)

Cvok

Cvok

PostSubject: Re: How to start? book ?   How to start? book ? EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 6:45 am

I'd suggest that you get one book or training program. do it for month or two ( 4-8 weeks), see how it goes and if it works for you - you gained strength etc. and you like it continue doing it, if not find something else. Experience > information

BLKB

PostSubject: Re: How to start? book ?   How to start? book ? EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 4:59 pm

Tim wrote:
Read through the bar-barian beginners thread, it'll give you a lot of help if you,re just getting started. The link should be in my signature below :-)

The beginners thread is fantastic. I didn't find it until I'd been working out for some time and it was still valuable.

Al Kavadlo (featured in the thread) is a great source of info too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BLKB

PostSubject: Re: How to start? book ?   How to start? book ? EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 5:25 pm

I should have said, the advice on this forum is always excellent.

When you're starting out some books - great books - can assume beginners have more strength than they actually do, I reckon it's because the authors spend all their time with atheletes and gymnasts, so don't get disheartened. Keep working out hard but sensibly and it all comes. And remember rest and nutrition, warmups and stretches are vitally important.

I started out with their early workouts from convict conditioning. It assumes the strength of a kitten but after 18 months out with a disc issue I hadn't yet learned to manage that's pretty much all I had.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to start? book ?   How to start? book ? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to start? book ?
Page 1 of 1