Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Inspired by Bar-ginner

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SlikRic

SlikRic

Inspired by Bar-ginner Empty
PostSubject: Inspired by Bar-ginner   Inspired by Bar-ginner EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 11:19 am

He mentioned the difference in the people of this forum vs the difference in the Competitive Bodybuilding, where he came from. How one type of person tries to push you down, while the people hear are very helpful to him and try to elevate his skill. My writings below are some of the reasons and difference i feel on weights vs. bodyweight in terms of a person's attitude.

I feel the physical and mental gains are completely different in bodyweight than in weights + there is a different level of skill and much different journey/progression involved in attaining the skill in bodyweight and in weights. Another factor is the training environment. It is best to learn in a relaxed environment. What I mean by this is the attitude at the park i.e. the vibe, the jokes, the friendship, the motivation, being inspired, also the fact that we are outdoors with fresh air and trees, not in a facility with fake air and metal machinery. All of this plays a huge role in the difference between weights and bodyweight when it comes to an individuals personality, self-growth and self-improvement. & self-discipline especially!

Now after saying all of that, this is only my opinion and experience from training in both disciplines. Remember, there IS merit in all types of training. It ALL depends on your objective. What are you trying to achieve?

"What's the point of being able to lift 500+lbs of weight if you cannot even lift YOUR OWN bodyweight. Yes, it's impressive, but I would be much more impressed if the person could do both." -Jude
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rickseedman.com/
DaPowerhouseJ

DaPowerhouseJ

PostSubject: Re: Inspired by Bar-ginner   Inspired by Bar-ginner EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 11:32 am

Well said! I agree that its way more impressive seeing someone fly 3 feet off the bar while doing muscle-ups like Kalosthenos then seeing someone lifting a weight 2 inches and saying that he can lift 400 pounds!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/PowerhouseJ
loganlion

loganlion

PostSubject: Re: Inspired by Bar-ginner   Inspired by Bar-ginner EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 1:29 pm

this is so true! it's really cool when people are strong in both bodyweight and with weights!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Cobra

King Cobra

PostSubject: Re: Inspired by Bar-ginner   Inspired by Bar-ginner EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 1:36 pm

one big thing i found from weight training in a gym and bodyweight outdoors, is that at the gym i felt intimidated around other people, where as with the bodyweight i felt more open as well as more competitive to some extent.

the point you made about being able to control your own bodyweight is one of the main reasons why i decided on bodyweight over weight training.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Michael8christian

Michael8christian

PostSubject: Re: Inspired by Bar-ginner   Inspired by Bar-ginner EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 1:46 pm

SlikRic wrote:
"What's the point of being able to lift 500+lbs of weight if you cannot even lift YOUR OWN bodyweight. Yes, it's impressive, but I would be much more impressed if the person could do both." -Jude

BIG WORDS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ether

ether

PostSubject: Re: Inspired by Bar-ginner   Inspired by Bar-ginner EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 2:24 pm

King Cobra wrote:
one big thing i found from weight training in a gym and bodyweight outdoors, is that at the gym i felt intimidated around other people, where as with the bodyweight i felt more open as well as more competitive to some extent.

Though I dont have any competitive ambiance in the park (none is engaged in bodyweight so seriously) I'm always happy to listen to ridiculous chattering and gossips of people from 40 to 70 years old Laughing Especially when they are loudly discussing who of them is still capable for "relationship" with woman )))
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/Ether861
uk Jay

uk Jay

PostSubject: Re: Inspired by Bar-ginner   Inspired by Bar-ginner EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 4:24 pm

I love working out in the Fresh air i also love the looks, claps n cheers Lemz and i get when we do Brick pull ups /MU and General freestlyling on the barz f-ing Priceless!!! Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Inspired by Bar-ginner   Inspired by Bar-ginner EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 6:15 pm

I agree 100% with this, RIck!!!
Me and 3 of my friends when we go and hit the bars our training takes like 4-5 hours..
We talk between sets laugh enjoy, talk about stuff from life school etc...
its just like you said friendship,mental stuff..
once i went hit bars alone at the evening there was nobody at the park it was lil dark...
So i thought about my life me what I want from my life and all this stuff ..
Bars make you feel yourself you open up your self from the deep ....
you can tell me its stupied those are just bars but somehow it happens

Only who been through this can understand me lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
daWALLi

daWALLi

PostSubject: Re: Inspired by Bar-ginner   Inspired by Bar-ginner EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 8:37 pm

As a hardcore weight lifter in the past, I can't help but comment. I always thought I had decent strength on the weights, nothing mind-blowing mind you, but I could usually hold my own with others in the gym.

When I first saw clips of Bar-barians, Highlandaz, Bartendaz, etc, I was amazed, but not as amazed as when I went to the park and actually tried to do some of this stuff. Then I was blown away! I couldn't believe how weak I felt! lol!

I'm not knocking weights though, because there are a lot of positive benefits to weight training and I still do it sometimes.

However, when I head outside to the bars, it doesn't matter the time of day or the weather conditions - I feel something special. Can't really describe it, but it's awesome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reality

Reality

PostSubject: Re: Inspired by Bar-ginner   Inspired by Bar-ginner EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 1:39 pm

daWALLi wrote:
As a hardcore weight lifter in the past, I can't help but comment. I always thought I had decent strength on the weights, nothing mind-blowing mind you, but I could usually hold my own with others in the gym.

When I first saw clips of Bar-barians, Highlandaz, Bartendaz, etc, I was amazed, but not as amazed as when I went to the park and actually tried to do some of this stuff. Then I was blown away! I couldn't believe how weak I felt! lol!

I'm not knocking weights though, because there are a lot of positive benefits to weight training and I still do it sometimes.

However, when I head outside to the bars, it doesn't matter the time of day or the weather conditions - I feel something special. Can't really describe it, but it's awesome!
QFT! (Quoted For Truth.. for those that don't know.. Razz )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burn[Out]

Burn[Out]

PostSubject: Re: Inspired by Bar-ginner   Inspired by Bar-ginner EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 12:30 pm

i just think it feels cool to lift yourself over a bar lol (muscle up). bodyweight training makes you feel as if you have total control, bodyweight ftw!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MineralSubstance

PostSubject: Re: Inspired by Bar-ginner   Inspired by Bar-ginner EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 12:59 pm

From the muscles point of view there is no difference between body weight training and weight training. Both deliver the same thing, resistance applied to whatever muscle over X mount of time. In fact the only real difference between BWT and traditional weight lifting is in how resistance is applied. Both have typical ways of working out to strengthen muscles in certain ways. That being said it is completely possible to train your muscles in the same way you would with BWT using weights. All you have to do is change how you use the weights. In the same way you could train yourself in the same manner a body builder would with BWT. You just have to adapt how you workout.

To say one is better than the other is pretty stupid actually. From a muscular standpoint there is no difference. So, the only real argument here is that people in the BWT scene aren't as assholeish as the body builders. Though that is a rather broad statement in saying all body builders are jerks. If you wanted to you could probably easily find some nice, encouraging body builders to train with. In fact I guarantee that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patch

PostSubject: Re: Inspired by Bar-ginner   Inspired by Bar-ginner EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 7:15 am

I was deadlifting 510lb when i did power lifting, and i could do bout 7 pullups sad, but not too sad. nothing beats calethstenics though my friend does plance straddle pushups, and when he went to gym easy benching 120kg. Barbarian's will rule the world with their dominating skills and strength, people eat it up when they see you on the bar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarineMotivatedMe

MarineMotivatedMe

PostSubject: Re: Inspired by Bar-ginner   Inspired by Bar-ginner EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 10:39 am

i actually used to be heavy into weight training. i owe most of that to my size and some of my strength. but as i kept progressing with the weights i noticed i still looked soft. and i still couldn't do much on a bar. least of all muscle ups. once i saw the Bar-Barian videos on youtube. it inspired me so much i tried a muscle up the very next day. i ended up getting it only after examining the move and how to do it. after that i got it on my first try. i guess you could say i was lucky. weight training has helped me a lot to get me to the point where i am now. but i realize that to me you are not truly strong unless you can do amazing things with your own natural body weight. Hail Bar-Barians!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
'Brix

'Brix

PostSubject: Re: Inspired by Bar-ginner   Inspired by Bar-ginner EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 8:43 am

The main difference between bodybuilding and bodyweight training is that bodyweight training teaches you to move your body through a range of motion. Can you imagine people centuries ago going to a gym to workout? No way. They used tree branches, ran miles everyday etc. Bodyweight training is natural, a way to train your body to work it's potential. I am a firm believer that bodyweight training is the key to true fitness.

Lol, sorry, just my inner nerd coming out xD. I've also noticed the absolute 100% positive attitude that I haven't found anywhere else. Humans natural instinct is to train as a group. << (more inner nerd) lol.

Bar-Barians will rule the world!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kalosthenos

Kalosthenos

PostSubject: Re: Inspired by Bar-ginner   Inspired by Bar-ginner EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 2:24 am

Bodybuilding protocol builds big muscles, Olympic lifting builds athletes. Bodyweight training is much more satisfying. With more strength you can do better moves to be proud of your hard work. Choose your passion. DaPowerhouseJ thaks for the shout out. That motivates me to start flying again. You can't fly with hundreds of pounds in your hands. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Kalosthenos.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inspired by Bar-ginner   Inspired by Bar-ginner Empty

Back to top Go down

Inspired by Bar-ginner
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome to the Bar-barians Forum :: General Discussions-
Jump to: