HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

...alcohol... yea that stuff...

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mdrop

Mdrop

...alcohol... yea that stuff... Empty
PostSubject: ...alcohol... yea that stuff...   ...alcohol... yea that stuff... EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 11:22 pm

Hey bar brothers i was just wondering do any of you guys drink? Or do anything for that matter? Im in college right now and part of a fraternity so you probably know what that entails. I havent drank in about 9 weeks (since my head injury) and ive been training for two weeks. I know drinking is bad for you but i would like to know your opinion on alcohols affects on your muscles and how you train. I used to drink heavy and then be able to work out kind of fine then next day. I really want to train hard at this though so lemme know what you think. Im basically looking for "youll never get anywhere if you drink, it will slow you down too much" or "it doesnt really affect me all that much." Im probably going to stop drinking altogether anyway. If u dont want to respond to this u can private message me or something.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: ...alcohol... yea that stuff...   ...alcohol... yea that stuff... EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 2:13 am

I believe that alcohol is very harmful to training. It destroys the structure of red blood cells, which affects the muscles. I am very negative attitude to alcohol and do not drink it at all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Sanyok155
BleHz0r

PostSubject: Re: ...alcohol... yea that stuff...   ...alcohol... yea that stuff... EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 7:10 am

well as long as u dont get shitfaced every day ull be fine.. tho i also dont recomend training after uve had a long night.. ure probably gunna be dehidrated so u wont be able to do anything.

in the long term alcohol sux.. i only drink beer and that isnt in any excessive amounts and i can train all the time if i want to lol.
since ure a fratboy and since ure off alcohol for 9 weeks.. i think u'll do well to stop alltogether.
Back to top Go down
LittleBeastM - SS3

LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: ...alcohol... yea that stuff...   ...alcohol... yea that stuff... EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 7:50 am

GETTIN DRUNKKKKKKKK Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Reality

Reality

PostSubject: Re: ...alcohol... yea that stuff...   ...alcohol... yea that stuff... EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 12:10 pm

I drink on occasion.. Club soda & Vodka. Low in calories Very Happy
Back to top Go down
daWALLi

daWALLi

PostSubject: Re: ...alcohol... yea that stuff...   ...alcohol... yea that stuff... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 8:37 am

Nothing like an ice cold beer on a Friday night!

Johnny Walker Blue is nice too!

For me, it's moderation all the way. Nothing excessive.
Back to top Go down
mario31891

mario31891

PostSubject: Re: ...alcohol... yea that stuff...   ...alcohol... yea that stuff... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:49 am

I get drunk on the barz lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ...alcohol... yea that stuff...   ...alcohol... yea that stuff... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 11:21 am

nah you need that stuff I once tried and didnt like it..
max i drink its low calories milk shake yummmmmmmyyyyy!!!
or fruits shake with blue berry on it!!!!!!
the sugar makes me wild out on the barrrrrrrrrr
Back to top Go down
Mdrop

Mdrop

PostSubject: Re: ...alcohol... yea that stuff...   ...alcohol... yea that stuff... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 11:54 am

Yea i was trying out the whole moderation thing there for a while.... It seemed to be working Smile When i get back my normal state of health im probably going to do that again thanks daWalli. The only thing is that i feel so like its kind of a waste spending all day drinking 2 gallons of water just to dehydrate myself at night.
Back to top Go down
Voojitsu

PostSubject: Re: ...alcohol... yea that stuff...   ...alcohol... yea that stuff... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 1:31 pm

Yeah man, I love a drink.

Though nowadays I usually only drink once a week and don't drink to excess anymore. I don't like the feeling of being really drunk so I never get to that point anymore, my heavy drinking days are definately behind me. Still love an ice cold beer on a summers day though! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LittleBeastM - SS3

LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: ...alcohol... yea that stuff...   ...alcohol... yea that stuff... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 2:23 pm

DONT DRINK .. THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN BEEING CLEAN
Back to top Go down
muver27

muver27

PostSubject: Re: ...alcohol... yea that stuff...   ...alcohol... yea that stuff... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 3:37 pm

im 20 im stil young and once in a blue moon i get K.Od but thats it i dont think drinking is very good though if u are training drunken
Back to top Go down
Daniel

Daniel

PostSubject: Re: ...alcohol... yea that stuff...   ...alcohol... yea that stuff... EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:50 am

Don't drink or do drugs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs
SlikRic

SlikRic

PostSubject: Re: ...alcohol... yea that stuff...   ...alcohol... yea that stuff... EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 10:06 am

No drinking or drugs ever.
Back to top Go down
http://rickseedman.com/

PostSubject: Re: ...alcohol... yea that stuff...   ...alcohol... yea that stuff... EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 3:15 pm

DONT DO DRUGS AT ALL!!
Because if you DO! WHEN YOU TELL NO TO THEM THEY WONT LISTEN!!
Back to top Go down
Burn[Out]

Burn[Out]

PostSubject: Re: ...alcohol... yea that stuff...   ...alcohol... yea that stuff... EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 10:30 am

nah no drinks man. If you really cant keep away from them daWalli's advice is great, moderate but if you can, just stay off the drinks.
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

PostSubject: Re: ...alcohol... yea that stuff...   ...alcohol... yea that stuff... EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 7:53 pm

I am a college student as well and before I started bodyweight training, I enjoyed drinking too. Yet, when I had established fitness goals for myself that came with my bodyweight training, I stared dropping the alcohol without realizing it.

Its funny how the body works. If you truly have a goal, your body will subconsciously push everything away that prevents you from achieving it.

I would say that if you just stick with your bodyweight training, things like drugs and alcohol seem to just dissolve from your priorities in life.
Back to top Go down
Mdrop

Mdrop

PostSubject: Re: ...alcohol... yea that stuff...   ...alcohol... yea that stuff... EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 4:13 pm

Batman wrote:
I am a college student as well and before I started bodyweight training, I enjoyed drinking too. Yet, when I had established fitness goals for myself that came with my bodyweight training, I stared dropping the alcohol without realizing it.

Its funny how the body works. If you truly have a goal, your body will subconsciously push everything away that prevents you from achieving it.

I would say that if you just stick with your bodyweight training, things like drugs and alcohol seem to just dissolve from your priorities in life.

Truth. That happened to me
Back to top Go down
Taiga

Taiga

PostSubject: Re: ...alcohol... yea that stuff...   ...alcohol... yea that stuff... EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 6:46 pm

No alcohol, cigarettes or drugs ever.
Keep away from that stuff and if you get offered something say NO clearly.
My friends accept my decision. Even tho they don't seem to realize what not working out and getting drunk every weekend does to their bodies.
Already tried to talk some sense into them but it doesn't work. I can just hope they realize it themselves.
If you have to drink: then moderately.
I prefer to not drink at all. I rather drink my water, milk or tea Razz
Back to top Go down
BleHz0r

PostSubject: Re: ...alcohol... yea that stuff...   ...alcohol... yea that stuff... EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 8:59 pm

Taiga wrote:
My friends accept my decision. Even tho they don't seem to realize what not working out and getting drunk every weekend does to their bodies.
Already tried to talk some sense into them but it doesn't work. I can just hope they realize it themselves.

to each their own. for example i cant go long without beer.. well i can, but i like it too much. so i drink it often. never really get drunk, tho still drink it moderately or more. and it doesnt impede my training one bit. i quit smoking also a while back and ive never felt better. actually i also do everything better after i drink a beer.. and if i have to train after a long night i just wait till the evening and in the meanwhile drink about 2-3 bottles of water and eat like 3 times. its good and it doesnt realy reduce my conditioning. tho im pretty used to everything by now so my body is also lol..
but i do agree.. no drugs ever and no smoking 2. alcohol moderately and not like chronicaly is also not that bad. just within boundaries..
to each their own..
Back to top Go down
Unleashed

Unleashed

PostSubject: Re: ...alcohol... yea that stuff...   ...alcohol... yea that stuff... EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 9:21 am

Taiga wrote:

Wise words. but i think it could be kinda hard for most of the 16-20 year olds to keep their hands away from all that stuff.. :S
Back to top Go down
BleHz0r

PostSubject: Re: ...alcohol... yea that stuff...   ...alcohol... yea that stuff... EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 11:24 am

Unleashed wrote:
Wise words. but i think it could be kinda hard for most of the 16-20 year olds to keep their hands away from all that stuff.. :S

its not. u just gotta say no. its simple really lol. they say smoking is hard to stop. true. but i did it by just saying no after like 2-3 years. stopped feelin normal lol.
Back to top Go down
Unleashed

Unleashed

PostSubject: Re: ...alcohol... yea that stuff...   ...alcohol... yea that stuff... EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 12:54 pm

BleHz0r wrote:
Unleashed wrote:

its not. u just gotta say no. its simple really lol. they say smoking is hard to stop. true. but i did it by just saying no after like 2-3 years. stopped feelin normal lol.

maaan i never took drugs & i never smoked before Wink
Back to top Go down
Taiga

Taiga

PostSubject: Re: ...alcohol... yea that stuff...   ...alcohol... yea that stuff... EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 1:32 pm

Unleashed wrote:
BleHz0r wrote:
Unleashed wrote:

Me neither. And im 16 too. You see I hate Alcohol for specific reasons and this hate makes it easy to avoid. Same for smoking and drugs.

Needless to say the bar is the best drug ever invented. Nothing comparable. And the best is that its healthy and fun Wink
Back to top Go down
Unleashed

Unleashed

PostSubject: Re: ...alcohol... yea that stuff...   ...alcohol... yea that stuff... EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 1:38 pm

Taiga wrote:
Unleashed wrote:
BleHz0r wrote:
Unleashed wrote:

Me neither. And im 16 too. You see I hate Alcohol for specific reasons and this hate makes it easy to avoid. Same for smoking and drugs.

Needless to say the bar is the best drug ever invented. Nothing comparable. And the best is that its healthy and fun Wink

yeahh man right. hmm on partys i'm drinking a lil bit of alcohol.. but that's it Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ...alcohol... yea that stuff...   ...alcohol... yea that stuff... Empty

Back to top Go down

...alcohol... yea that stuff...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bar-barians :: Training :: Nutrition-
Jump to: