Elite Bodyweight Training
 
HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share
 

 Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SlikRic

SlikRic

Posts : 276
Join date : 2008-12-12
Age : 36
Location : NYC

Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods Empty
PostSubject: Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods   Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 10:19 am

When you don't have alot of money that doesn't mean you have to eat like s**t. In order to make your $ last just stop eating out. Heeyyyoooo!!

Eat at home Breakfast: soymilk, almonds, dried fruit or bananas, apples, oatmeal

Pack a Lunch: whole grain bread, all natural peanut butter and jelly or sliced deli meat, bananas, apples, trail mix

Eat at home: Amy's frozen meals, vegetables, pasta, etc.

Snacks: fruit it is cheap and healthy

When your training hard you need to eat a lot of these foods but its all cheap, simple and healthy.
Back to top Go down
http://rickseedman.com/
loganlion

loganlion

Posts : 516
Join date : 2009-06-23
Age : 28
Location : Norway

Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods   Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 1:55 pm

I eat alot of chicken, tuna, oatmeal, bananas, eggs and peanut butter.
And a whole lot of MILK. I also do protein shakes straight after workout.
Back to top Go down
Unleashed

Unleashed

Posts : 1547
Join date : 2009-10-15
Age : 26

Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods   Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 2:54 pm

Yeah, that sounds good guys. Smile PROTEINS, CARBS, VITAMINS, WATER. Thats what it is about ... ;D

Peace
Back to top Go down
Adamas

Adamas

Posts : 194
Join date : 2010-02-27
Age : 23
Location : Czech Republic

Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods   Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 3:54 pm

Guys, try Cottage cheese. Its good for dinner or just a quick and healthy snack.


Last edited by Adamas on Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Taiga

Taiga

Posts : 205
Join date : 2009-12-11
Age : 26
Location : Germany

Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods   Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 5:20 pm

Unleashed wrote:
Yeah, that sounds good guys. Smile PROTEINS, CARBS, VITAMINS, WATER. Thats what it is about ... ;D

Peace

you forgot the minerals Sad
just joking Wink so true Very Happy

training and nutrition is only made complicated by idiots

joke:
Q: What's the biggest thing I have to fear when doing squats in the smith machine?
A: Telling your father that you're gay
Back to top Go down
Unleashed

Unleashed

Posts : 1547
Join date : 2009-10-15
Age : 26

Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods   Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:30 am

Taiga wrote:
Unleashed wrote:
Yeah, that sounds good guys. Smile PROTEINS, CARBS, VITAMINS, WATER. Thats what it is about ... ;D

Peace

you forgot the minerals Sad
just joking Wink so true Very Happy

training and nutrition is only made complicated by idiots

joke:
Q: What's the biggest thing I have to fear when doing squats in the smith machine?
A: Telling your father that you're gay

Ahahahaha the joke :DDD
Back to top Go down
King Cobra

King Cobra

Posts : 98
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : London

Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods   Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 1:45 pm

Adamas wrote:
Guys, try Cottage cheese. Its good for dinner of just a quick and healthy snack.

2nd that! loads of protein in cottage cheese!! love it with a bit of chilli sauce lolll
Back to top Go down
Adamas

Adamas

Posts : 194
Join date : 2010-02-27
Age : 23
Location : Czech Republic

Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods   Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 1:57 pm

King Cobra wrote:
Adamas wrote:
Guys, try Cottage cheese. Its good for dinner of just a quick and healthy snack.

2nd that! loads of protein in cottage cheese!! love it with a bit of chilli sauce lolll

Yeah I like it with a cutted pieces of chives. delicious!
Back to top Go down
B-Skill

B-Skill

Posts : 30
Join date : 2010-05-11
Age : 24
Location : Sarajevo

Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods   Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods EmptyTue May 18, 2010 8:16 am

it's the best to eat at home, a lot of everything is good!
Back to top Go down
jessicajane

jessicajane

Posts : 69
Join date : 2010-05-23
Location : Fla

Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods   Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 11:13 pm

Fat gives you big calories for little cost with fantastic satiation. I frequently saute my vegetables in bacon grease, butter or coconut oil which satisfy me all day for cheap.
Back to top Go down
Mdrop

Mdrop

Posts : 711
Join date : 2009-10-25
Age : 29
Location : Collegeville, PA and Miami Beach, FL

Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods   Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 4:21 pm

jessicajane wrote:
Fat gives you big calories for little cost with fantastic satiation. I frequently saute my vegetables in bacon grease, butter or coconut oil which satisfy me all day for cheap.

Fat has the most calories per gram. Maybe it just slows down your digestion enough for you to feel full... But if you want energy your body can more easily turn carbs into fuel, and will use protein before it uses fat. Fat gets VERY special treatment in the body...
Back to top Go down
jessicajane

jessicajane

Posts : 69
Join date : 2010-05-23
Location : Fla

Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods   Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 5:38 pm

Mdrop wrote:
jessicajane wrote:
Fat gives you big calories for little cost with fantastic satiation. I frequently saute my vegetables in bacon grease, butter or coconut oil which satisfy me all day for cheap.

Fat has the most calories per gram. Maybe it just slows down your digestion enough for you to feel full... But if you want energy your body can more easily turn carbs into fuel, and will use protein before it uses fat. Fat gets VERY special treatment in the body...

I'll agree that your body's immediate and possibly preferred source of fuel is carbohydrates... Hell, it even converts excess protein into carbohydrates via glucogenesis! However... ketones, the by-products of fat, are also a great source of energy IF your body has adapted to using them... The brain actually operates some 20-30% more efficiently on ketones than carbohydrates. I believe that intermittent fasting helps tap into your adipose fat stores AND enables your body to use these dietary fats as a means of energy with no problem. I've been on a high-carb diet and a moderately low-carb diet (less than 100g a day) and experienced a more even, high level of energy doing low-carb and high-fat... but it definitely took me a good two to three weeks to adapt.

With that said, I still will have a little starch for re-fueling after a hard workout. Like... Right about now. ;-)

Fat is good, fat is good!
Back to top Go down
Mdrop

Mdrop

Posts : 711
Join date : 2009-10-25
Age : 29
Location : Collegeville, PA and Miami Beach, FL

Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods   Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 7:28 pm

jessicajane wrote:
Mdrop wrote:
jessicajane wrote:
Fat gives you big calories for little cost with fantastic satiation. I frequently saute my vegetables in bacon grease, butter or coconut oil which satisfy me all day for cheap.

Fat has the most calories per gram. Maybe it just slows down your digestion enough for you to feel full... But if you want energy your body can more easily turn carbs into fuel, and will use protein before it uses fat. Fat gets VERY special treatment in the body...

I'll agree that your body's immediate and possibly preferred source of fuel is carbohydrates... Hell, it even converts excess protein into carbohydrates via glucogenesis! However... ketones, the by-products of fat, are also a great source of energy IF your body has adapted to using them... The brain actually operates some 20-30% more efficiently on ketones than carbohydrates. I believe that intermittent fasting helps tap into your adipose fat stores AND enables your body to use these dietary fats as a means of energy with no problem. I've been on a high-carb diet and a moderately low-carb diet (less than 100g a day) and experienced a more even, high level of energy doing low-carb and high-fat... but it definitely took me a good two to three weeks to adapt.

With that said, I still will have a little starch for re-fueling after a hard workout. Like... Right about now. ;-)

Fat is good, fat is good!

Never said fat wasnt good, even though i will right now say i think bacon grease is not very healthy. Not only that, but your CNS can only run on carbohydrates. Ketones can be used for a while, but ketosis makes your body extremely acidic, and taxes multiple systems. Protein is only converted to carbs after deamination, which makes your body very acidic and taxes it aswell.

All this being said my mom is a nutritionist and she is on a healthy highER healthy fat diet (while being vegetarian). She has a sixpack and is very in shape. Different people can handle different things. WHatever works for you.
Back to top Go down
raja



Posts : 294
Join date : 2009-11-19
Location : Orlando, Florida

Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods   Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 9:12 pm

Nobody's having zero carbs or anything like that. Most people only need, at most, 150 grams or so of carbohydrates a day. That's 600 calories. Add in your protein and you've got a lot of room. I think that fats are great, as long as you have the right fats. You shouldn't just have purely saturated fats, and you shouldn't have only unsaturated fats. But you should certainly have both.

The one thing that most people really need to worry about is staying fairly lean. How many lean people do you see that run into major issues(diabetes, heart disease, etc.)?
Back to top Go down
Mdrop

Mdrop

Posts : 711
Join date : 2009-10-25
Age : 29
Location : Collegeville, PA and Miami Beach, FL

Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods   Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 12:24 am

raja wrote:
Nobody's having zero carbs or anything like that. Most people only need, at most, 150 grams or so of carbohydrates a day. That's 600 calories. Add in your protein and you've got a lot of room. I think that fats are great, as long as you have the right fats. You shouldn't just have purely saturated fats, and you shouldn't have only unsaturated fats. But you should certainly have both.

The one thing that most people really need to worry about is staying fairly lean. How many lean people do you see that run into major issues(diabetes, heart disease, etc.)?

+1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods   Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Eat at Home - Simple, Cheap, Healthy Foods
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bar-barians :: Training :: Nutrition-
Jump to: