Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Burn[Out]

Burn[Out]

Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible? Empty
PostSubject: Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible?   Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 12:25 pm

just wanting to know if it is possible to do intense cardio (running. jogging etc) and still gain mass and some tips if possible
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BleHz0r

PostSubject: Re: Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible?   Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 1:01 pm

um... yeah ?
cardio just burns fat.. muscle stays if ure doing excercise..

ive been doing cardio only a while ago, no other excercise, for about 2 months and havent lost a pound of muscle at all.
ure okay anyhow Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gladiator

PostSubject: Re: Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible?   Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 6:29 pm

yea as long as you dont go doing long distance running
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaspar

gaspar

PostSubject: Re: Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible?   Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible? EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 10:49 pm

Eating more protein.

This prevents muscle loss
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burn[Out]

Burn[Out]

PostSubject: Re: Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible?   Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible? EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 12:17 am

so i just eat and train right? okay thanks guys
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible?   Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 12:34 pm

eat carbs who da fuk tells you taking just protein"???

Your body uses energy for cracking those proteins to amino acids...

eat carbs carbs carbs protein will come dont worry about that....

RED MEAT BROTHAAAAAAA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unleashed

Unleashed

PostSubject: Re: Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible?   Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 12:42 pm

yeah man , like some guys said: Eat carbs/proteins/vitamins and drink your water, then you can do cardio (running, etc) like a mice and you will still gain mass Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarineMotivatedMe

MarineMotivatedMe

PostSubject: Re: Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible?   Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 11:56 pm

ok I am training for the Marine Corps. so i run around 5 miles a day. i still find yourself looking bigger . so yes as long as you eat enough of the right stuff. you can get bigger. it will come slower. but it is possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reality

Reality

PostSubject: Re: Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible?   Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible? EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 1:10 pm

weedman wrote:
eat carbs who da fuk tells you taking just protein"???

Your body uses energy for cracking those proteins to amino acids...

eat carbs carbs carbs protein will come dont worry about that....

RED MEAT BROTHAAAAAAA
-100% carb diet will kill you..
-Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins.. not the other way around.

Red meat is not the answer. A balanced, nutritional diet will provide you with everything you need to maintain muscle mass while maxing out your cardio.. Its all about balance.

I try and run 5km in under 25 min.. thats my cardio blast before I hit the bars..
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible?   Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible? EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 7:58 am

yes u have to eat protein but not as much as u say reality..

u have to eat proteiin 1.5 - 2.5 per each KG in your body..

But CARBS are very improtant if you run because if no carbs then lean muscles will rape each other
Back to top Go down
View user profile
POCKET SHOT

PostSubject: Re: Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible?   Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible? EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:16 pm

high intensity sprint intervals will get you extremely fit while maintaining muscle gains.. long distance aerobic runs on the other hand will burn muscle at a certain point
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unleashed

Unleashed

PostSubject: Re: Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible?   Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 1:09 pm

Proteins + Carbs = Mass
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adamas

Adamas

PostSubject: Re: Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible?   Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 1:43 pm

SLEEP HARD
EAT HARD
TRAIN HARD

S.E.T. MY BROTHAS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
domiNATE

domiNATE

PostSubject: Re: Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible?   Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 2:07 am

Jorge26 wrote:
yea ive read a lot about that and pretty much everywhere says you can still build muscle as long as you just do sprint sets instead of slow steady pace running. sprints are better for athletic performance anyway
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/darf_nate
B-Skill

B-Skill

PostSubject: Re: Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible?   Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 1:14 pm

domiNATE wrote:
Jorge26 wrote:
yea ive read a lot about that and pretty much everywhere says you can still build muscle as long as you just do sprint sets instead of slow steady pace running. sprints are better for athletic performance anyway

its possible!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cen

PostSubject: Re: Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible?   Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:20 pm

I used to run cross-country for high school and college. I put in quite high mileage, 50-75 in high school, 70-90 in college weekly. I came to hate distance running so much and the reasons why:
-decreases muscle mass
-highly increases slow twitch muscle fiber ratio
-highly decreases fast twitch muscle fiber ratio
-decreases coordination and explosiveness (tied to fast twitch muscle)
-CNS (Central Nervous System) is never used or exercised... unless jumping over a stick you see up ahead...

If you do ridiculous mileage the above WILL take place. Two weeks after I completely stopped running my coordination improved, I could jump higher, faster and more explosive movement. The muscle fiber ratios can be changed to an extent depending on the type of training you do.

After 30minutes of hard/steady running more than likely all the body's fats/carbohydrates stored are used. Once the needed supply or fats/carbohydrates isn't there what else can the body offer to burn and create energy?... Muscle.

I'm thinking long distance running also has some control on the amount of testosterone your body produces or the lack there of. After I stopped running, again around a two week time frame I was mentally far more aggressive and capable during workouts.

If you do any running, stick to sprints. I would actually encourage sprints. They're probably the most explosive training you can do for the legs, besides jumping. Muscle is not used for energy, the CNS is nicely trained, basically everything the opposite from long distance running.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/cory108
mgraham404

mgraham404

PostSubject: Re: Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible?   Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible? EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 12:09 pm

Cen wrote:
If you do any running, stick to sprints. I would actually encourage sprints. They're probably the most explosive training you can do for the legs, besides jumping. Muscle is not used for energy, the CNS is nicely trained, basically everything the opposite from long distance running.

I would say the same thing after you've built up a base for running. Sprints aren't something that I would encourage beginner runners to do because it does put such a strain on your system. I would say to work up to about 30 minutes of straight jogging/running before you start doing high intensity intervals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible?   Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible? Empty

Back to top Go down

Gaining Mass.... While doing lots of running = possible?
Page 1 of 1