Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Advice would be appreciated.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
zraigy7

Advice would be appreciated. Empty
PostSubject: Advice would be appreciated.   Advice would be appreciated. EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 1:00 am

Hey everyone! I am new to this forum, but being on the bar just looks like so much fun. These past 5 days i have gotten back into my workout routine, but i wanted to get bigger so i started to lift weights. I bought a pull- up bar that goes around your door frame tonight. I also realized that size doesnt matter, i want to be strong and be able to move my bodyweight efficiently and i will add weight vests when i progress. I am looking into joining the military in a few years, so i believe calisthenic exercises would be to my benefit. I can do roughly around 42 push-ups and 60 sit ups in 2 min. This was last recorded a couple months ago at my JROTC physical fitness test. My numbers may have decreased. I can only do about 6 pull-ups and about 20-30 dips in one set. I want to improve all of my numbers and work on my legs at the same time. I want to maybe build a little more mass. I would love to mainly improve my pull-ups because they are a great exercise that i can not really do. I am 6 feet tall and weigh roughly 200 lbs. I need advice on a routine to help with improving my numbers and getting in better shape. I am also eating a lot more protein and more veggies and cutting out junk food. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for the long post
Back to top Go down
Sharaz

Sharaz

Advice would be appreciated. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice would be appreciated.   Advice would be appreciated. EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 11:30 am

zraigy7 wrote:
Hey everyone! I am new to this forum, but being on the bar just looks like so much fun. These past 5 days i have gotten back into my workout routine, but i wanted to get bigger so i started to lift weights. I bought a pull- up bar that goes around your door frame tonight. I also realized that size doesnt matter, i want to be strong and be able to move my bodyweight efficiently and i will add weight vests when i progress. I am looking into joining the military in a few years, so i believe calisthenic exercises would be to my benefit. I can do roughly around 42 push-ups and 60 sit ups in 2 min. This was last recorded a couple months ago at my JROTC physical fitness test. My numbers may have decreased. I can only do about 6 pull-ups and about 20-30 dips in one set. I want to improve all of my numbers and work on my legs at the same time. I want to maybe build a little more mass. I would love to mainly improve my pull-ups because they are a great exercise that i can not really do. I am 6 feet tall and weigh roughly 200 lbs. I need advice on a routine to help with improving my numbers and getting in better shape. I am also eating a lot more protein and more veggies and cutting out junk food. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for the long post

Monday:
pull ups: recon ron pull up program (to improve your pull ups it's very effective)
chin ups
push ups
divebomber push ups
hands out push ups
close grip push ups
dips
tricep extensions
abs workout https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tDZRogSbbU

Tuesday:
1-2 km light running
squats
lunges
wall squat
calf raises
1-2 km light running

Wednesday - rest
Thursday - wide pull ups
push ups on the bar
pull ups behind your neck
wide push ups
push ups between two chairs
elevated feet push ups
plyometric push ups
typewriter push ups on the ground
supermans
abs

thursday:
1-2 km light running
knee tucks
burpees
mountain climbers
squat jumps
1-2 km light running

Friday - rest

Saturday: (I really suggest you to do this)
Variantion without rest It's an example:
Run about 200 metres
perform push ups 30 secs (no rest after push ups)
run 200 metres
hold the plank 30 secs (no rest after plank)
run 200 metres
perform squats 30 secs ( no rest after squats)
repeat everything again untill you cant breathe Smile
These intervals test you phisically and mentally.

Sunday - rest

Its a simple workout that I used then I was beginner in this sport. But it's very effective.
By the way, do recon ron pull ups program everyday.
If you have any questions ask.
Keep training hard bro Smile
Back to top Go down

Advice would be appreciated.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bar-barians :: Training :: Training Routines-
Jump to: